Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Not going to make lortab anymore?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just heard that since they have cut out Darvocet, they are also going to quit making Lortab. Anyone heard that?

I have been on lortab since 2005, and it still works for me. I am hopeing that this is just a rumor, but wanted to see if anyone here has heard anything about it.

Thanks, Julie
Posted on 02/09/11, 10:10 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/09/11  10:14pm
" I couldnt find anything under bing or google, Maybe drugs.com has info about it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/10/11  12:16am
" I didnt see anything on that web site.

I heard this from a nurse, but honestly dont know how she heard it. I just hope that it is not true. I actually dont care what I take, as long as it works. I am very sensitive to everything, and I just hate thought of having to look for something again to ease the pain!

I am still looking for a new doctor. Mine quit her private practice in October, and I havent had much luck in finding someone here in the OKC metro area. I have a few months left on my pain meds, and after that its back to bed and my 3 heating pads. I just hope that doesnt happen. At least with the lortab I have somewhat of a life.

If anyone hears anything, I hope you will post.

Thanks, Julie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/10/11  7:51am
" They are not going to stop making Lortab. What the FDA has stated (and I don't have the link sorry, but we got an email at work, I'm an NP) is that they are REDUCING the amount of acetaminophen in each tablet to a max of 325 mg rather than 500 mg, as people were taking in too much acetaminophen in a day, causing liver failure, which could lead to death.

FDA has been talking about that for a while. Most narcotics have 325 mg or 500 mg of acetaminophen. I also believe there are some that have 650 mg. The manufacturers will only be allowed to make them with 325 mg/tablet. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/10/11  9:08am
" See i have never heard of that drug before for more info. on a drug www.webmd.com is a great site to check on info on a med i took narcotics for 4yrs. some pretty heavy one's due to my medical problems but it actually caused more see i have so many contradicting problems with my health problems that it is so hard to find the right solution with taking pain pill i was masking the pain so i was actually over doing myself i take mobic for osteo and RA and found it actually helps with my fibro plus i have eds. so i have to really be careful what i take and for fibro and eds. and all the other problems it has taken yrs. for the dr. to find a right solution that helps with all so maybe talk to your pharmacist and see i consult mine all the time bc one time they had tried me on a med that interacted with another one so always check with your pharmacy b4 bc if you see different dr. for different issues not always do they check for drug interactions!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/10/11  12:17pm
" I wonder how long before they actually do make the changes?

Is there such a medication that is just a narcotic without any aceaminophen.

I am sure they are doing what they think is right, but if I was worried about dying, I wouldnt take the lortab to begin with. Please dont take that wrong, I dont want to die, but since there is no cure for this unbareable pain, what is the point in living longer?

I fought for over 6 months with my doctor about even taking lortab, and I finally gave in. She was right, it worked for me, a lot better than the darvocet did. I have had a much better life by taking the lortab, and now they are going to cut it down. Just doesnt seem right to me.

I would like to know when the government is going to cut out the harmful chemicals in cleaning supplies, air fresheners, and other things we use on a daily basis!

I just dont get it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/17/13  3:26pm
" Im like everyone else ive been taking em 2yrs. without them i couldnt function please keep everyone updated on any new info regarding this issue. thanks. hope all have a great day "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/17/13  3:39pm
" I actually take NuCynta for b/t pain. I hadn't heard of it before my pm doc prescribed it for me but it really works well. I take Opana for my ER pain med. I hadn't heard of it either, but in combination with the NuCynta, it really does help most of the time.

Oxycodone doesn't have acetaminophen in it either. I think it would be an easy switch from LorTabs.

Why can't they just make these meds without acetaminophen in them at all? That way, you can decide if you need it or not.

Sandy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/17/13  6:20pm
" This is a very old post and the rumor wasn't true. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web