Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Tender spots on scalp and face?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have multiple places on my head that are very very tender. I also have areas on my face particularly around my eyes and sinuses that always hurt when touched. I am curious if anyone else has experienced this. I get migraines regularly and perhaps the sore spots are caused by frequent headaches?? or vice versa? Any ideas? I've been trying to massage these areas daily to see if they would get better...so far no change!
Posted on 02/05/11, 03:29 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/05/11  3:51pm
" My scalp hurts often. This is one of the aspects of fibro I never really understood. Not yet at least.

I refuse to cut my hair quiet yet. And so my hair is up and down all day long. The longer it's up (pony...clip...you name it) it's hurting with in hours and I have to let it down again.

I was also sick recently where I was in bed all day long. My head hurt so much just from it laying on the pillow. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/05/11  3:56pm
" My head does this every once in a while. It gets so sensitive, it's hard for me to shampoo my hair. I don't have long hair, but if I did, the weight of it would probably bother me.
Blessings and hugs
Cathy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/05/11  4:06pm
" Yep, I have it too! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/05/11  7:16pm
" Yes I have it too. I asked my massage therapist and she said there are lots of muscles that run into the head and tenderness is related to this (can't remember her techie explanation just was glad to hear it was part of fibro) Also I get severe pain at the base of my head, right side, where it meets the neck. She told me to buy those erasers that slip on the end of a pencil and come to a slight pt and stick the end of the eraser under and around the base of the bone and gently massage it. Works like a charm! And cheapt too! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/05/11  7:24pm
" yes i get this too. i get a few real sore spots, that hurt like heck. they feel like a burning pain. i try to massage them, and i put ice packs on my head a lot.

i didn't know it was a part of fibro. i thought it was a weird symptom of my daily chronic headaches. i get migraines a few times a week as well. and also, really awful pain at the base of my neck, right where it connects to the head, in that little hollow spot. i have whiplash disorder from a car accident, and spinal stenosis in my neck...i have had disc removal surgery for that, so i always assumed that bad scalp pain was from the neck problems.

i think i will try massaging the area with that little eraser that was recommended by one of the people who replied.

take care, Lee :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/05/11  11:08pm
" I was just washing hair tonight and I have sore spots all over. I am going to have acupuncture soon and have her concentrate on those areas. Acupuncture really helped my headaches and neck pain.

I was hit by a drunk driver on my bike 20 years ago, and ever since when I get stressed I feel a tingling in my head and hands. (I don't know why I brought this topic up.) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/07/11  1:12am
" Yall can add me in on this one.. short or long my scalp has always had a sore spot ... and when in a flair.. it is hard to shampoo hair..or even brush or comb at times...I remember that once .. when I first started getting this mess....I couldnt lay my head on a pillow for months.. now its just every great once in a while.. but i do remember having to sleep in a recliner for a while because of it....hugs..rosehurts "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/07/11  7:51am
" Oh yes, in fact I have it now. My scalp hurts and the left side of my face hurts, is minutely swollen, and itchy as hell. It drives me crazy when this happens because I never know what starts it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/07/11  7:58am
" i also have this pain from fibro and have noticed that i have to wash my hair every day or use a dry shampoo to keep the pain down. also i've noticed that it seems i am 'allergic' to my own oils on my scalp and face. it sounds crazy i know, but i swear my face only hurts when it starts getting oily. ♥ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/07/11  8:16am
" I also get them from time to time, as they seem to correlate with stress for me.
Sue "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web