Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Magnilife?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone ever heard or tried Magnilife for Fibro? Sounds great but then again, all of the ads do.

Ready to try something different. Would appreciate any info.

Polly
Posted on 08/05/10, 09:41 am
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/05/10  9:46am
" Polly, I just went to Magnilife.com to read about it. It does sound promising. It's natural so that's a plus. 125 tablets for $20, it wouldn't hurt to try it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/05/10  11:13am
" Natural doesn't mean safe. Somebody else can finish the ones at the bottom - I've seen enough.

Ingredients and Purpose
Active Ingredients:

Hypericum Perforatum – St John’s Wort
for general depression, severely sensitive nerves, excessive painfulness, and tingling, burning, and numbness;

Aconitum Napellus – Wolf’s Bane - contains several poisonous compounds, including enough cardiac poison that it was used on spears and arrows for hunting and battle in ancient times.
for physical and mental restlessness, inflammation, sensitivity to hot or cold, weakness, and shooting pain, cramping, cracking, loss of power, and drawing pain in joints and tendons;

Arsenicum Acidum – white Arsenic - In its physiological action this agent is a caustic poison. It acts as an escharotic and local irritant. When a poisonous dose has been taken there is salivation, metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, vomiting, great pain, with diffused soreness and intense burning in the stomach, which radiates from this organ outward throughout the abdomen. It produces irregular heart action, palpitation, feeble pulse, shallow, rapid and oppressed breathing, edema and albuminuria.
deep acting remedy that affects tissue and nerves. Also for anxiety, exhaustion, and restlessness;

Belladonna – Deadly Nightshade - The foliage and berries are toxic, containing tropane alkaloids. These toxins include scopolamine, hyoscyamine, and atropine which, while having legitimate medical uses at low doses, induce delirium and hallucinations when ingested in sufficient amounts
acts upon nerve centers that produce pain. For severe neuralgic pain that comes and goes suddenly. Pains may be throbbing, sharp, cutting, shooting, or clawing; Conium – affects the nerves and muscles;

Gelsemium Sempervirens – Carolina Jasmine - All parts of this plant are poisonous.
for aching, tiredness, heaviness, weakness, and soreness in the muscles, and for sensitivity of the nervous system;

Kali Bichromicum –
for pains that migrate quickly from place to place or occur in small spots;

Lacticum Acidum –

for rheumatic pains in joints, knees, shoulders, and wrists that are made worse by moving;

Phosphoricum Acidum –

for weakness and debility, bruised soreness like growing pains, and gnawing pain in bones;

Rhus Toxicodendron –

affects fibrous tissue such as joints, tendons, sheaths, etc. that produce pain and stiffness. Helpful when the body feels sore, bruised, and stiff;

Uricum Acidum – for rheumatic pains, any disorder of the extremities or back, characterized by pain or stiffness.

Inactive Ingredients: Lactose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dextrose, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/05/10  11:15am
" Yikes! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/05/10  12:31pm
" Thanks Peace. You put me in my place (not being mean. It's a good thing you did!)and I appreciate it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/05/10  3:39pm
" gosh peach you are an excellent resorce! and she is correct guys, i just got this herbal pharmacy book and just read about these herbs and she's right about the arcenec and everything else. just because it says herbal dosn't mean its safe. i didnn't know that untill a few months ago! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/05/10  3:48pm
" Sam I didn't mean to "put anyone in their place" - just recognized a few of the botanical names ("Lacticum Acidum" was the one that jumped out at me - it's just lactic acid) and said "I think I'll look and see what the rest are" and that was my reaction exactly - YIKES!

Part of the "theory" of some of these things is that if you're sick, they won't have the same affect on you, and in homeopathic remedies the amounts are really, really tiny, but we talk all the time about the "poison" of pharmaceutical drugs, and these are also poisons!

We're all here to share and learn - and I learn far more than I share. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/05/10  3:50pm
" wow, thanks, Peace. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

Polly "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/05/10  4:32pm
" I keep hoping there is something out there but the more I look, the more I find that Big Pharma isn't the only entity making a living on the desperation of people in pain "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/05/10  4:53pm
" Thanks Peace what you wrote is a good way of showing why herbal and natural does not always mean safe.

take care gentle hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/05/10  9:16pm
" Have you had your magnesium, B12, Intrinsic factor, malic acid, D, calcium and potassium levels checked? If you are deficient in magnesium, then taking a magnesium supplement may help. I think I'd steer clear of this one though! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web