Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Pain in hips and butt cheeks
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I want to know if anyone hurts so bad in their hips and butt cheeks that they feel like screaming??? And if they have please please tell me what helps. My pain is so bad I could cry!!! Can anyone out there help??
Posted on 07/23/07, 10:03 pm
27 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/23/07  10:19pm
" i have really no advice except i too have really bad hip pain, my dr. told me that the hip area was the worst of my trigger pain points during my exam,she told me to walk 10 minutes three times a week, it is hard but it seems to help "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/23/07  10:30pm
" bobo where are u from? are there pain clinics where u live? i have hip pain but i take pain meds....also have autoimmune illnesses also...i take roxicodone and methadone for pain...i go to a pain clinic where they are not afraid to prescribe pain meds... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/23/07  10:54pm
" My hips kill me! At times I cann't walk, especailly if I have slept on my side during the night. Walking helps the best...even though it can be agony to get started. I also just found out that your mattress may be making it worse. I went shopping for a new mattress this weekend and the guy said that his wife has issues with her hips and they use a tempurpedic bed. I layed down on one and for the first time in ages i was able to lay on my side with out aching...I am definitely going to be getting one of those...they can be a bit pricey though...I figure it is worth it if it helps.
K "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/23/07  11:18pm
" I get that and it's chronic myofascial pain syndrome that goes hand-in-hand with Fibro.

What happens is that you get knots in your muscles due to a lack of O2 that then refer pain elsewhere in your body.

Assuming you don't have any other injuries or arthritis, with a little time and effort, you should be able to deactivate the trigger points [knots] and the pain should subside.

Check out triggerpointbook.com to start with. I use this book and it has made my life bearable. I use a two-headed percussion massage and do it on myself. It's time consuming so I do it while watching TV.

Here are some links:
http://www.pressurepositive.com/inf...
http://round-earth.com/HeadPainIntr...

Sorry, I can't seem to find something to show all the trigger points in the back and hips, but believe me, if you feel around and hit one, you'll know it!!! When you do, massage it to the best of your ability.

Hope that helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/23/07  11:18pm
" Yes, both can wake me up in the middle of the night. My butt pain sometimes extends down my legs & knees.

My PT suggested this cheap pressure point "exercise" that you can do standing up or in bed. Get two tennis balls & a pair of socks. Put a ball in each sock. Tie a knot in the sock right above the top tennis ball. Hold the sock by the material above the knot & place the tennis ball between your butt cheek and a wall (or the mattress). It's best to do both at the same time, but it takes practice. It's easier to do both at the same time while lying down. It may take a few tries to find your particular pressure point, but you'll know it when you find it. Push your butt against the tennis ball & maneuver your butt so it rolls the ball around. Once you find 'the spot', hold that position for a few seconds & then release. Repeat as needed. I do this for my trapezius muscles as well. It sounds weird, but it helps. You can also do the same thing lying down. I hope my instructions aren't too confusing. Let me know if you need further explanation.

The one thing that has really helped my hips was getting a foam mattress. The foam needs to be the same type used in the Temporpedic mattresses. I'm not recommending that brand, only that type of foam. New mattresses are expensive, so the next best thing is a minimum 2" mattress topper made of the same type of foam. Changing from an innerspring to a foam mattress has alleviated a good portion of my hip pain. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/23/07  11:21pm
" My butt cheeks hurt the most, and always have!! There are tender points right in the center of my cheeks. That's why I can't sit on hard surfaces for very long, and bring a cushion with me when I know I might be sitting on a hard chair. When I do have to sit for a long time (even an hour in a half at church), not only does my butt hurt, but I actually get flared up for a few days. I think there is some kind of nerves in our buttocks. I would like to find out exactly. Anyway, what helps me is heat on the area, and rest. I also take Tramadol for pain which takes the edge off quite well. I'm sorry I can't help you anymore than that. Keep us posted.
LindaF "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/23/07  11:42pm
" I too have hip and butt pain. My only relief is to move and roll constantly while in bed. Sometimes while in a flare up I can't get up and down from a sitting or lying position. Are you on any meds? You should see a dr and not try to go this alone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/24/07  8:28am
" I go through the same type of pain and going to the ER got old real quick. Chiropractor, Drinking, smoking, laying down, ice, then heating pad, or ICY-HOT. When I'm using pain medicine yeah it works, not as good as street chems or alcohol. It's like you can't win for losing. I use to carry a cane and still do from time to time, not just cause I needed it to walk, it was more of when having hip, back, and butt cheek pain that if i was out and about, it would help as far as getting up from a sitting position and self msssages, leaning on something when standing for a while, and most importantly, it can get real embarrassing walking like I got a stick up my butt. yeah, butt and hips, i would have to say is the most difficult pain I deal with. I get this traveling pulsating and electrical type ache going all through my legs with sometimes it going through to my arms and them down to my fingers n toes wich feel tingly and numb. I hate it with the passion. I believe screaming and crying are also the only things that I do. Oh yeah, I find myself when sitting down or laying down my legs need to be squeezed and massaged, so I find myself rubbing my legs and butt cheeks; real embarrassing though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/24/07  10:43am
" I've been having pain in my hips and butt for about a month - finally went to the MD today and he thinks it might be bursitis in the hip joint in combo with the fibro. Told me to take Iburofen 600-800 mg 3x a day for a week to see if that helps (in addition to the Untracet).
He also said ice for 20 min 2x a day. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not this works - the next step is cortisone injections - ugh! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/24/07  6:30pm
" thanks for thereply bobo, exactly what is tramadol though???? "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web