painful lumps deep under skin
I have painful enlongated hard lumps all over under my skin if you rub hard and deep you feel them and they feel like a new bruise would feel like, at first I thought it might be varicois veins, which I have some , but these lumps are all over on my upper legs, arms and here and there on main body. some times they ache and burn other times I don't notice them till I rub lotion or soap on my body any clues as to what they are, I told my doc, he says it just one of the symptoms of FMS.
thanks
blessed be
ENDURA
Posted on 02/08/08, 01:41 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 02/08/08  1:47pm
" i have never had anything like that.. seems like the dr would do something more. i get lumps under my arms if i have to much caffeine but they usually go away.. i would have them checked out more..**hugs** "
Reply #2 - 02/08/08  1:52pm
" hi, i did know someone who had something like that, maybe not the same, but... she had varicose veins, and they disapeard, under the skin, burning and a redish mark, it was flebitis, and can be treated, it is the blood flow that suddenly settles and forms a lump, collects in that area, maybe do a google search on this and see if there is a match in symptoms ??? we do have to be "proactive and look after ourselves" docs dismiss too much when they cannot find a answer... or they give a script so we will just go away :P

huggz and good luck, "
Reply #3 - 02/08/08  2:24pm
" YOU AND ME IN SAME BOAT WITH THE KNOTTS...I HAVE THEM ON THE BACK OF MY NECK AND THEY CAUSE ME TO HAVE HEADACHES EVERY DAY...GO TO BED WITH ONE AND GET UP WITH SAME OLD ACHES...JUST PLAIN WEARS YOU OUT...I ALSO HAVE THEM ON MY UPPER ARMS AND THEY FEEL LIKE RIPPLES ALL THE WAY DOWN MY ARMS AND THEY BURN LIKE FIRE AND STING... MAKES ME HAVE A HOT FLASH AND THEN SICK ALL OVER...AND IF I GET UPSET THEY ARE WORSE... THEY ARE WITH ME ALL THE TIME...THEY NEVER GO AWAY...I TRY AND GENTLEY RUB THEM WHEN ACTING UP BUT HAVE FOUND NO ONE THATS KNOWS HOW TO HELP ME WITH THEM...LOTS OF LUCK AND SORRY U HAVE THEM... GENTAL HUGS "
Reply #4 - 02/08/08  3:14pm
" I have so many lumps around my chest, it so painful to try to wear a bra. I try to use hot oil on my rib cage to try to stimulate my body to absorb them but nothing seems to help. "
Reply #5 - 02/08/08  3:38pm
" They might be myofascial trigger points that are knots in the muscles that refer pain elsewhere.

If you're interested in knowing more about them, check out triggerpointbook.com for info on deactivating them. "
Reply #6 - 02/08/08  3:43pm
" I have them on my tummy.. i think they are fatty lumps. mine ache sometimes and then othertimes I dont notice them till i touch them..i a not sure, but i believe they are lipomas "
Reply #7 - 02/09/08  1:51pm
" I have the same lumps on my upper arms and lower back , Dr doesn't think there anything to worry about , it does seem as though they have some connection to fybro though .
My cousin also has them and suffers from fybro . "
Reply #8 - 02/09/08  4:26pm
" Yes,I have them also.Actually they were on my R-hand/top and hurt like H...!Thats what sent me to Dr. in 06.Dr. thought Fibro. 1st thing and tested me for it,yup,sure enough.Its common for people with Fibro. to get these in varies parts of body.Think they are called nodules,theres always a remote chance of them becoming cancerous.This is about all the info. I have but hope it gives you a SENSE OF COMFORT KNOWING YOUR NOT ALONE.VJI P.S)Rarely do mine hurt. "
Reply #9 - 02/09/08  4:29pm
" I get those on my feet, breasts and arms. Very painful. If your symptoms change or any moles change, be sure to get them rechecked. "
Reply #10 - 02/09/08  4:30pm
" It doesn't soound like a sympton of fibro either. It ticks me off when a doc just passes it off as fibro and doesn't refer you to somone who really knows. Do you thing you can take it to your GP and get a more reliable answer? This just sounds like bunk. I would persist with this Endura, how knows what it might be....Wishing you better days....Love ....Helen "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice