Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
SENTENCE REDUCTION FROM 85 TO 65%
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I HAVE HEARD RUMORS THAT THE BILL PASSED IN VIRGINIA TO LOWER PRISON SENTENCES FROM SERVING 85% OF THERE TIME TO SERVING 65% OF THERE TIME. IF THIS IS TRUE IT WOULD TAKE 7 MONTHS OFF OF MY HUSBANDS SENTENCE. CAN ANYONE HELP R FIND OUT IF IT PASSED OR NOT? I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE DOUGSGIRL
Posted on 06/21/08, 06:50 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Families of Prisoners. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/22/08  12:16am
" Looked on the VA legislation site and there is no bill that has been passed into law that is giving less time at this point. It looks like in the pass there has been a couple introduced in the house but that was as far as went. Since the Truth In Sentencing Law went into effect it looks like 85% of the time still stands. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/23/09  7:54pm
" I heard that this should be on C-Span tomorrow, Wednesday the 24th of June. around 4:00PM PST ? maybe earlier.
I looked at the C-Span website but didn't find the scheduling for tomorrow. I'll check again in the morning.
I'm from California so I hope that it will pass here too, but it's Federal, I think so it should be in effect for all states right?
I'm not sure if it is for State sentences also. Is it for both? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/24/09  1:23pm
" The information that you are referring to is HR1473 is a Federal Bil that was introduced on March 17, 208. It is currently in committee meetings with the judiciary committee and Homeland Security. The earliest we could hear anything more if around October of this year. Right now there is no such thing as parole for Federal Inmates. However, this bill will reduce the amount of time for all inmates if it is passed, it is not reducing it from 85% to 65% as there are numerous conditions, non-violet offense (which they are incarcerated for), have they worked while in prison, did they take any classes, etc. Each criteria will give each individual a different amount of time off because of what they have participated in. You can google the HR1473 bill and follow it and see how it is progressing. Good Luck, I hope this bill gets passed for all Federal Inmates. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/15/10  1:08pm
" The bill is actually H.R. 1475 "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web