Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Arkansas Act 570
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
There is a new act coming in effect July of 2011 for Arkansas inmates called Act 570. This act to my understanding could lead to early release for some inmates. This is all I know. Does anyone know what it is about and who it would or could effect?
Posted on 06/19/11, 04:50 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Families of Prisoners. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/26/11  10:37pm
" Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 1Share

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP-ED: STATE LEGISLATOR CAUTIONS ON SENTENCING REFORMS

Editor's Note: The following guest op-ed is written by State Rep. David J. Sanders (R-Little Rock). Sanders was a vocal critic of the recently passed prison reform bill adopted by the 88th General Assembly. He can be reached by e-mail at davidjamessanders@gmail.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the listed accomplishments of the 88th General Assembly is the passage of prison reform legislation, but I fear, no matter how well intended, the law will exacerbate a major weakness in the state’s criminal justice system: parole.

Ill-equipped and undermanned, Arkansas’ parole system has enabled violent criminals to return to the streets, often unabated, where they continue to commit violent crimes.

A small working group of state officials and the Pew Center on the States developed comprehensive prison reform legislation, now Act 570, to flatten the eversteepening cost curve associated with incarcerating criminals in our state prisons. The law relaxes sentences and sanctions for socalled low-level, nonviolent drug offenders. Instead of locking them up, the state would move more of these criminals out of prison beds, placing them on parole

THIS IS ALL I COULD FIND ! LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT MORE. MY HUSBAND IS IN FOR A BATTERY 1 CHARGE. WISH THEY WOULD LET HIM OUT EARLY!!! EVEN IF ITS ON AN ANKLE MONITOR. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/27/11  3:41pm
" wooow good luck keep us posted!!!! this could be a real big step for all of us. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/27/11  4:49pm
" my husband is in for a first offense its Battery 1 tho, so prob wont affect me but i hope they do something to help these first timers. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web