Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
epilepsy and bedwetting
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My son has absence seizures and takes Depakote, he has always been a bed wetter, He is now 14 and it seems to be getting worse. He takes DDAVP for the bedwetting, it decreases it but won't make it go away. Does anyone else have this problem with their children or if you have epilepsy is this normal? Any suggestions on how to make the bedwetting stop?
Posted on 09/22/11, 02:43 am
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Epilepsy & Seizures. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/28/11  12:32pm
" I've had absence seizures my entire life and the only time I've ever wet myself was during a seizure. It's possible that he could be having seizures at night and with grand mal seizures wetting is more common. I would get a video monitor to put in his room that way if there was any seizure activity you could be aware. I know that nocturnal seizures are common in people with epilepsy. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/28/11  12:33pm
" Also would like to add that everyones epilepsy effects them differently so what was specific to me may not be to your son. Best of luck. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web