Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Laparoscopic surgery stitches?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
How long did it take yours to dissolve?

I'll be at 4 weeks post-op on Wednesday and they still haven't started to dissolve yet. The lower incision (bikini line) actually has the end of a stitch poking out. It's not bothering me or infected or anything, but I'm leaving for the beach in two weeks and I'm a bit worried about having the stitch hanging out and being in the ocean because of an increased risk of infection.

Anyone had there stitches take as long as 6 weeks to dissolve?
Posted on 05/17/09, 12:49 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Endometriosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/17/09  1:32pm
" hey, i had the same problem so i called my doctor and he took them out his self becasue he says sometimes they dont dissolve for some reason and the one by the bikini line i had a problem with it as well and my skin started to grow over it and it casue discomfort so just call your doctor im sure he/she will take them out i got mine out 14 days after* so you should be alright with them coming out after 4 weeks....good luck =*) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/17/09  1:52pm
" mine never dissolved the stitches in my belly button actually fell out(it took about 3 weeks) and the one in my bikini area got ripped out by my jeans.you might not be quiet healed yet on the inside. they will usually dissolve or you can call your doctor and they will take them out if he feels like you its healed enough to come out.

-sabrina- "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/19/09  1:07pm
" One stitch in my belly button had to be removed by the dr. It was about 3 weeks after the surgery. I hope this helps... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web