Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Sex and Endometriosis
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I would like to know if anyone has experienced what I have with having sex, I have pains when in deep penetration and I don't feel any pleasure. Not only that but when I have sex with my husband he gets cut up from me. I don't know what to do which really concerns me any of you have this experience?
Posted on 08/06/13, 12:46 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Endometriosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/06/13  8:03pm
" I do. :(

It makes me feel like crap, obviously. It seemed like I was delicate and he didn't want to do too much or has to be really gentle, and I hate it. We have to do certain positions so I won't hurt. One time when I was on top, and I got carried away where I sat up too quickly on him and then it felt as if a spike went right through me. I was howling in pain and he panicked. The poor guy.

Maybe trying new positions would help! If he understands what you're going through and he's willing enough to help you out on this, awesome. I hope everything's okay! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/07/13  10:45pm
" I often have pain during sex so we always have to take it easy and sometimes I just can't do it for fear of pain. So many times I have ended up crying in so much pain, then my husband feels bad and the night is awful. Thank God for my understanding husband! We keep trying different positions to lessen the pain. So sorry for what you are experiencing.This disease interrupts so much of our lives.

Good luck to you,
Yolanda "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/09/13  8:32am
" Painful sex unfortunately is VERY common with endo. I am so sorry you're suffering with this.
I have to respond to the last response about STD's. Everyone should get tested, we all know that. But in your case Im sure its endo, or endo related like pelvic floor dysfunction. It seems the member who responded somehow wondered on the endo forum, and really have no business giving out any advice on endo (I looked at their profile). If you have any questions about STD's, the best place to go is your OB/GYN, not the hospital. But again, pain during sex is so freakin common with endo, so it makes sense unfortunately.

I try to very consciously relax my muscles during, and if I must, take a Tramadol or 2 before...any pain med, even advil or whatever, can help a lot. Also all of our bodies are shaped very different. Some women have an inward tilted pelvis, or pelvic tilts out, etc. This can dictate a lot in sex; pleasure, and in our case controlling pain. For me, being on top hurts the least, I feel I can control the pain more. And I know some women put a pillow under the small of their back when doing missionary. I guess the key is to try to play around with positions, try to relax your pelvic and vaginal muscles, and if needed take a pain reliever (though it might numb pleasure too). :-(

Did you say you cut up your husband? You mean he gets cut from penetration? Do you have an IUD in?

I hope some of this helps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/22/13  1:53pm
" Thank you all for your reply and help... This is very helpful that I know With Endo this is common. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/22/13  3:32pm
" I think trying out different positions is great advice. Also make sure you are relaxed as possible. I know it's much easier and more enjoyable for me when I'm completely relaxed. Hope this helps a little :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/22/13  8:45pm
" Yes, pain is common. I have to limit intercourse too. My doctor said to try having sex in a spooning position to help limit deep penatration and pain. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web