Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Hysteroscopy with Myosure?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Anyone have an operative hysteroscopy with the Myosure tool? It's some kind of mechanical morcellator. My surgeon wants to use it on a suspected uterine polyp/fibriod/tumor instead of the scraping and doing a full D&C. I watched some videos on youtube and it seemed pretty cool.

I just **hate** being a guinea pig for new stuff though. I know it's been around for a few yrs (2009/2010) but there haven't been any long term studies on the after effects of it. The Myosure is suppose to leave less scarring... but on my first lap my surgeon used an experimental new tool that isn't popular anymore because it caused too much scarring :( Just great, right?

So anyone have the Myosure used during their hysteroscopy?

I appreciate it :)
Posted on 10/07/12, 01:13 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Endometriosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/07/12  7:13am
" Nope. I hate the idea of being a guinea pig too...has he/she used it on someone else? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/07/12  4:23pm
" Yeah, he's used it before and he seems to really love it. I just don't know how much the patients loved it. There aren't any follow up studies on the women it was used on -- so I have no clue if this technique has problems or not in the long run.

I was also standing next to him while he was talking to his office staff about calling the hospital. I guess the hospital's interested in buying MyoSure. He referred to the tool twice as "experimental." My boyfriend said he saw my face from across the waiting room and knew immediately he said something upsetting lol apparently I can't control my expressions.

A sales rep for the company's going to be in the operating room with him (weird). I had to sign all of this stuff to let them take pictures of the surgery. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/07/12  7:34pm
" Not sure what Myosure is...I'm having my Hysterectomy with the da Vinci Robotic surgery...I still need to watch the video. Excited as I am for my surgery, also so scared.

Oh wait, you said Hysteroscopy...not sure what Myosure is, I'm going to look it up! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/14/12  4:14pm
" Hi there, I just had it done last month due to me finally seeing my obgyn for severe menstrual cycles and pain and have also been experiencing infertility issues. I am 42 years old and had never heard of the Myosure procedure until my doctor went over my sonogram results and detected a fibroid. It was an hour or so procedure and was released two or three hours after going under local Anastasia and could not wear tampons or have intercourse for two weeks. I was given pain medication for the discomfort, but didn't have to use it as I just suffered very mild cramping and grainy, bloody discharged that was not heavy like a normal period. I wore a normal Always pad for about a week until my cycle started. I was told not to exerciser for two days. The fibroid was not where she had said it was located but she did find several polyps and would have to have fibroid removed with the da Vinci Robotic procedure. I would take the Myosure or Nusure procedure any day over traditional surgery. I hate the thought of being cut open. I was very scared and when I saw what the surgery entailed I was all for it. My doctor has already performed it on patients many times before already and has received great feedback. I had a two week follow up on Friday and all tissue came back non cancerous...Yay!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/14/12  4:17pm
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/14/12  4:25pm
" @txteri thanks for posting your experience and I'm glad everything came back noncancerous for you! I just had polyps removed a couple of days ago with the myosure. My doctor said I could start exercising the next day, but since I'm bleeding pretty heavily and I'm not supposed to wear tampons for like 3 weeks there's no way in hell I'm working out in a pad.

I was scared about the surgery too. Right before I went in my surgeon was like "Wow, I've used this on fibroids before, but your my FIRST polyp." I was ready to smack him lol So I was kind of his guinea pig.

Thanks again for sharing. It helps to know that someone else had this tool used on them. I was really nervous. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/14/12  8:20pm
" This is great info - I hope it ends up being a really good treatment option for those of you trying it. I was hopeful I might be a candidate but my fibroid is located on top of my uterus (subserosal) so I guess surgery is about the only way. Right now I am hoping I can wait a while but I got conflicting opinions - one doctor says do it soon and another said no rush haha...I know which one I WANT to listen to!

Being an early user is rough - it is important to have people willing to give it a try but it's so hard going into it not knowing the long term effects. I give you ladies a lot of respect for being willing, not everyone is! If I was able I think I would go ahead with it though it sounds like a great alternative. Keep us all up to date on how it works for you in the long run! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web