Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Nausea??
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am now experiencing nausea along with most of the other symptoms associated with endometriosis. I am scheduled for a laporascopy on the 8th.

Until then, any suggestions for dealing with the nausea? I feel like I am at my breaking point with all of it.

Thanks.
Posted on 10/25/11, 06:00 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Endometriosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/25/11  6:19pm
" i always feel nauseous when i cramp, and usually get sick too. try a cool cloth on your forehead. it always has helped me! :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/25/11  6:24pm
" Try chewing the mintiest gum you can get your hands, works for me!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/25/11  6:25pm
" I always get waves of nausea!

The best thing that I found to help combat it is ginger-root. You can have it in a tea or add it to your food which seems to help a little. I also found some sugar-free ginger candies at the local health food store that I keep in my purse and desk drawer at work all the time for times when the nausea gets really bad.

Hope that helps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/25/11  7:56pm
" For nausea, I take dramamine (dimenhydrinate) and sometimes I also drink peppermint tea. Some other girls on here have suggested it and it really does help. =) Good luck. Nausea is no fun. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/25/11  8:39pm
" Thank you all so much for your wonderful replies and suggestions! I will give them a shot. I think if someone told me to stand on my head and cluck like a chicken, I would do that too! LOL!

In all seriousness, these are great ideas. Thanks again for your kindness. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/26/11  2:05pm
" Nausea has been my worst symptom all along. It has been in my life for 14 years. Here is what I have learned:

Ginger tea is awesome.

Acupuncture has been extremely effective.

Going on a strict diet really helped. The diet I put myself on is very similar to the endo diet, although I did not know I was an endo girl at the time. I eliminated wheat, dairy, refined sugar, caffeine, and limited my portions of meat. I also started to eat several small meals rather than three larger meals. Large meals make me very ill. I also never eat after 8pm. Kind of a drag but I have never felt better. I still have nausea, but it is significantly more manageable. I understand that for endo girls it helps to eliminate soy too. I just ordered the endo diet book, but have not gotten it yet.

When things got really severe my doctor prescribed anti nausea meds usually given to pregnant women who have severe morning sickness. We tried two kinds, I think the most effective was called compazine. I had to get it in suppository form so I would not throw it up.

I had to quit jogging and doing exercise that involved bouncing up and down. Now I stick to yoga and spin class. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/28/11  4:53pm
" I found that lemon ginger tea by STASH seems to help me. When I don't have any on hand I usually get some water, grate a little fresh ginger and add a few thinly sliced lemons and let it boil and drink that. It always seems to help me a little. Hope you feel better soon "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/28/11  10:24pm
" wildorchid81- i do the same thing! My grandmother re-introduced it to me when I was recovering from my laparatomy last year, it helps me with the nausea and painful gas in my belly. My grandmother used to prepare this for my mother who also had horrible nausea and lack of appetite when she was in the end stage of her cancer.

I did it again this year, when I had a laparascopy with repeat laparatomy several weeks ago. The nausea was always creeping up on me before my period to the point I didn't eat anything. I drank it every morning up until the fourth.

I also noticed that whenever I took an NSAID for the pain, the nausea would go away. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/30/11  12:04am
" if the nausea gets too bad, you can ask your doc for something called Finnergan, it's an anti nausea medicine. just be careful, don't operate heavy machinery and all that on it hehe. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web