Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
EDS & lung problems
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone know anything about EDS type 3 causing breathing problems? I've found one article on-line that says that you can have small & large airways collapse. There's lots of other articles available but most seem to be about EDS type 4.

I'm just wondering if my asthma can have anything to do with EDS, since every other complaint that I have with my body seems related to it.
Posted on 06/27/09, 03:37 pm
1 Reply Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/28/09  9:43pm
" there is always that risk with eds no matter what type you are but i've never heard it causing asthma, how ever eds does well i dont know how to word it with out sounding silly. i know eds 3 an this is were it sounds silly, but i know a few people who get tired lungs an so do i, like the lungs almost cant do anything because they are just so tired. see what i mean by sounding silly? an the doctor said to me it was not asthma just my lungs being tired an restricting the air ways and this making it hard to breath an like your gasping for breath an when you get enough oxygen in your fine. tired lungs, sounds silly but thats all i know that is connected to with eds 3. since i have to watch out for both eds 3 and 4. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web