Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Piercings
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, I was diagnosed with Classic EDS when I was born. I'm wondering if anyone with EDS has ever gotten a facial piercing. I'm interested in getting my nostril pierced, but am worried about scarring when I decide I'm done with it and if the hole will stretch and look gross. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Posted on 02/04/12, 10:44 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/05/12  11:08pm
" I've heard that kind of worry expressed before. According to answers given by others (no piercings or tattoos for me), bad scarring is unlikely. Infection is more of a concern, probably, and don't wear a heavy nose ring. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/17/12  8:41pm
" Bad scarring and poor healing very likely! Guaranteed. Going through cartilage is really begging for trouble.

Get the hinged clips or ear cuffs or get something custom made. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/29/12  2:28pm
" I had a few facial piercings, and I have EDS III. When my piercings are removed, you can tell there was a hole there. They don't look "gross" to me, but there are noticeable if you are very close to me. I know the skin issues with Classic type are a little different, but I hope this helps a little.

No scars for me, but VERY slow healing. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web