Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Pain
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was wondering. How much pain is normally associated with eczema?
When I read articles it always refers to itching. Typically itching then scratching which makes the skin red and raw then cracked.
My symptoms are pain all the time especially when the skin is stretched. I never itch. I never scratch but the skin turns red all around one area. Moisturizers never seem to soak in, I apply thick coats seconds after my bath and wake up in puddles of moisturizer. I've tried ever brand including prescription moisturizers. Steroids don't do anything, they possibly make it worse. I even tried oral steroids.
The dermatologist gave me elidel to try and that was also worthless.
I am beginning to believe whatever I have has nothing to do with eczema.

I am sorry for asking such a personal question but does anyone have eczema in the unmentionable place and do you have constant pain, especially when walking?
Posted on 03/31/08, 09:33 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Eczema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/08/08  2:13pm
" im sorry to say that i cant empathise wth your pain, my eczema is only painful when bleeding, but i can empathise with you about thinking that it will last forever.

i though that my eczema would never go away and wished and wished that i was wrong, i however have been diagnosed with eczema for the rest of my life. and i dont know how to cope with that but hopefully you will be different

xx

hope it gets better for you "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/08/08  3:22pm
" I do have eczema in that unmentionable place, but no pain except when it bleeds. Just itching. Have you tried Clobetasol? It seems to work for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/09/08  11:04am
" OMG I am sorry for your pain?! My son is under 2 yr so I didn't know it did anything other than make you feel really itchy.
My son USED to have ezcema on his tummy, arms, legs. He only has mildly red area under chin right now. USE PRObiotics!!! Eczema is your body's problem of being unable to retain moisture in your skin. Thus, you have dry skin patches. You can use lotions which treat the symptom. If you want to treat the root causes, one which is very likely to be your skin not getting enough vitamins. Then you may want to take something like:
1/4 scoop (daily) GNC: Digestive Health Powder(AWESOME PRODUCT). It contains prebiotics, PRObiotics and digestive enzymes that help breakdown and absorb the nutrients from your food better. All your organs improve especially the largest one that takes more vitamins... YOUR SKIN. Take a product like this for about a week. You may be VERY surprised at the improvement.
Note you should be taking a multivitamin and fish oil along with a good diet that includes fruits, veggies, lean meat, long grains and water.
Oh yeah, take warm.. not hot showers since the heat pulls more moisture out of the skin.

Probiotics helped clear up about 80% of my kid's eczema in less than a week. I had to do the research to find this information since all the doctors only suggested lotion that did NOT clear up the problem. See your doctor to find out if probiotics can help you.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

My source: Skin health, eczema, and preventative strategies: Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients.
May, 2003 by Chris D. Meletis, Jason Barker

http://www.eczemamembers.com/clubportal/...
Bacteria and Eczema: Eczema is an Immune System Disorder (atopy), and 75% of your Immune System is found in your Gastrointestinal Tract where 3 to 4 pounds of bacteria reside. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/13/08  5:17am
" Willy, My Eczema has gone mad in the last year am I have tried everything to sort it.. UVB, acupuncture , different antihistamines, patch testing on my back Prednisone (to settle it down when it is completely out of control - over 90% of my body). Recently my GP doctor diagnosed my flare ups as Ultacaria (or Hives)... They can stay for weeks, months... Normally they are hot, red and itchy etc... Pain well yes, an uncomfortable prickly heat, stingy feeling..... With my Eczema if I have to settle it down with a strong Steroid cream like Elocon for a week it then stings (Pain) for 3/4 days afterwards... I try to hydrate as much as Possible with Lemnis Fatty. My Dermatologist wanted to put me on immuno suppressants, but I said NO! Hence on a mission to put the Ambulance at the top of the cliff NOT the bottom. I have had afew different blood tests for Gluten intoloerence, NO I wasn't. I have just sent some blood to Australia to test IGg and IGe antibodies for 90 foods.. I will keep you posted. 3/4 weeks. I am allergic to kiwifruit and have stopped eating NUts and Oats as they have traces of Nickel which blistered my skin on my patch tests.BUt there is still something else. I am determined not to give us but is frustrating when the pain/itch wakes you at NIght! I hope I have given afew different ideas to try, Good luck!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/13/08  9:48am
" sorry that your in pain - i think you have to find the treatment that is right for you everyones bodys are unique- perhaps look into diet? but there maybe alot of searching before you find something right for you, if your unsure about your diagnosis you could get a second opinion? but there are many forms, i find when my skin bleeds its not painful but a relief from being so itchy - its the next day when its painful when it is raw and red and tight x gd luck "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/29/08  2:22pm
" My eczema is the worst from my knees down. I don't own a car and take public transit so i walk - a lot. I am seemingly always in pain from it. I've tried everything. My doctors won't give me anything for pain, so that's not even an option. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/27/08  1:03pm
" eczema does itch. Now mine will get into an oozing phase and that does hurt. I've been in so much pain I end up shaking and crying. I then end up on prenisone and hydroxyzine to clear it up.

I'd go back to the doctor, or go to another doctor for another opinion. Eczema can be controlled, you just need to keep finding different treatments until one works for you.

ONe that helps me is triple antibiotic oinment, aveen lotion and hydrocortizone cream all together! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/27/08  9:01pm
" if i have a bad flare up it is painful like i have burns. Also when i bleed and my clothes stick and i have to tear them off my bo9dy. that is pretty painful "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web