Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
liquid bandaid
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
has anyone used this for your eczema? I just bought some today to put on my fingers because i am tired of buying bandaids and gauze to protect them. I have terrible hand eczema and it is even on my fingers as well. I put it on and the itching has stopped for now at least.
we will see if it works to heal them up.

I hate you eczema....
Posted on 01/20/11, 04:18 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Eczema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/20/11  8:00pm
" Never heard of using that. I use latex gloves when I have a flareup. Keep us posted on your experience. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/21/11  8:17pm
" I really hope this works for you! I've had eczema on my hands all my life- ugh it sucks!
It should work, just watch for irritation- I tried what you're trying about 2 years ago, but I was allergic to something in the solution, I think :(.

Ah- it should be noted, for people looking for this: I mean- the irritation, in my case, started as soon as the liquid bandaid had finished drying, and got the worst it was going to quickly- so, I don't think it'd be something where the irritation builds overtime, I guess I should have just said 'If you're going to be allergic, it won't sneak up on you; if you don't have a bad reaction right away, you're probably safe. I know my sister tried it, and it worked for her! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/21/11  7:08pm
" Just be very careful when using any kind of barrie or bandge in addition to topical steroid use. I have learned this lesson the extremely hard way! Bandaging an area that has recently been treated with steriods forces the steriod into your skin deeper (WONDERFUL for treating the eczema), and can cause perioral dermatitis! Trust me, you do NOT want to add this new misery to your already miserable condition!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/22/11  10:56am
" it has helped alot! i wash my hands with an aloe vera soap, then i apply the liquid bandaid to the spots that have cracked and split from the eczema. My fingers are finally looking better :) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web