Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Weather and Vertigo
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone noticed their vertigo being worse when the weather is bad.? Yesterday was sunny and cool and I felt great. Today the weather is damp and rainy and I am having a hard time with the dizziness.
Posted on 11/24/09, 06:24 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Dizziness & Vertigo. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/24/09  9:12pm
" Yes.
Barometric pressure changes can trigger dizziness for me too.
When a cold front or a storm comes in, I am likely to feel bad. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/24/09  9:31pm
" Yes, my dizziness is bad when the weather changes, especially if theres a rainstorm and its dark outside and brighter inside. The bright light inside really aggravates my SPD and makes my eyes hurt more and my dizziness a bit worse "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/25/09  1:17am
" OMG, yes! In fact a friend of mine just pointed out to me that when it rains I complain about feeling off balance and then get nervous that I'm going to get an onset of vertigo. Thanks so much for posting this - has anyone heard of anything we can do to help prevent dizziness from the pressure (besides medicating)? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/25/09  8:38am
" I am so glad to hear others feeling this. My husband is affected the same way. As you all know, he has Meniere's Disease. He mentioned to his ENT about the changing in barometric pressure, and was bluntly told it had nothing to do with the dizziness; he begs to differ. Yesterday we had a change in the pressure and he had a "spell".; the first one in about six months. I hate to see what is going to happen with him when winter is setting in; the poor man loves to ice fish and was planning on building another ice fishing shack. He was going to start it yesterday, and then this hit AGAIN. Now he is holding off, because last winter he was sick from the Jan 7th, until April., he gets so down about the whole situation. Fingers crossed. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/25/09  9:22am
" Damon116,
That is so terrible that the ENT was dismissive that that.
My occupational therapist says she always has more patients that feel bad when the weather changes. Also, it is well documented that barometric pressure changes trigger migraines. That would apply to anyone with MAV. And it seems like the weather could trigger other disorders as well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/25/09  9:40am
" I think I feel bad when the weather changes. It is overcast today and I really wish the sun would come out.

Laura "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/25/09  5:44pm
" me too when it rains my bppv acts up i dont know why its raining and i feel terriable like the flu is kick my ass "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/28/09  10:54am
" I feel like I sometimes get pressure headaches (at least that's what I call them). Yes, rainy days can be bad. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/29/09  6:48pm
" Thanks for all the replies!!! Its good to know I am not the only one who has this problem.

What bothers me the most is the response Damon's husband got from the ENT with respect to the weather change and dizziness. Sometimes these Drs make me so angry with their responses. I am beginning to thing some of them dont have a clue. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/02/09  5:28pm
" It makes me angry too!

I am lucky to have a fabulous OT in my neurotologist's office.

I saw her today and was super dizzy from the crazy rain and cold front.
She said that everyone she has seen today is extra dizzy.
She said we all get dizzy when it rains.
It was so good to have that affirmation.
I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web