Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
stemetil
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me how long you should stay on stemetil after an attack of vertigo. My dizziness goes on for weeks at a time,i try to cut the stemetil down as soon as possible because i've heard that it doesn't help long term.
After my attack i'm left with balance problems and real bad headaches,i'm worried that the headaches arent part of the vertigo.
Anyone has something similar i'd love to hear it
Best Wishes
Posted on 03/19/08, 12:30 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Dizziness & Vertigo. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/19/08  10:36pm
" what is stemetil i suffer with dizziness daily "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/31/08  9:06am
" I was prescribed stemetil for vertigo attacks and was told just to take it when it was at its worst as it can slow recovery "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/16/08  1:18pm
" Hi
When I originally started with vertigo last year i was prescibed Stemetil but was told it should only be taken for 2 weeks at a time as it can then make symptoms worse. I now take Serc 3 times a day and this helps a lot
Trish "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/17/08  11:10am
" Thanks very much for that it was very helpful...can you tell me what serc is and why you take this 3 times a day...i guess its different from stemetil. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/26/08  5:31pm
" All the research I've done and the doctors that I've seen seem to indicate that there really is not any reliable medication for vertigo (BPPV).
However, there are at least three different exercises (actually head & body movements) that are reported to be quite effective - in the high 80% range. The chosen maneuver is based on specifically which inner ear canal is the most problematic. If you are interested I will look up the names - I plan to begin the exercises myself. I am tired of not knowing when or where the episode will happen. I had it once while driving and that was quite distressing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/27/08  5:07am
" Hi thanks for your reply...since my last post i have had whats called the epley maneuver done twice and thankfully it seems to have workrd no dizziness or anything i'm sooooo happy...if you get the chance to have it done go for it...best wishes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/05/10  5:10am
" I have vertiginous migraines. I either have vertigo or a migraine headache. It is one of the subsets of migraines, along with the migraine headaches you can also have vertiginous migraines and abdominal migraines. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web