Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Tinnitus with BPPV?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone with BPPV get ringing in the ears. I do and mine seems to have gotten worse with this last episode. It is a mild ringing but it's pretty consistent. Wondering who else deals with this.
Posted on 11/10/07, 06:38 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Dizziness & Vertigo. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/10/07  8:52pm
" generally you are not supposed to..but they are calling mine BPPV and I am hearing noises.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/10/07  8:54pm
" Also the TV HURTS my ears..I am not talking about it being annoying because it is too loud.. it actually cases pain.. especially shooting squealing cars and loud noises on their etc "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/10/07  9:04pm
" Well, here is something interesting I've just learned this evening. For BPPV patients who experience ringing and fullness as well, this could be a eustachian tube dysfunction. Because this will mimic those symptoms from meneires. And I know that I DO have a eustachian tube dysfunction. Why, I don't know. But I can pop it when I plug my nose and blow out through my mouth and also flonase helps the fullness. I wouldn't get that relief it was meneires. See, we have to be our own detectives beause each persons symptoms vary so widely. I haven't given up but boy, do I feel like it sometimes. The panic and nonstop fears are just immobilizing at times. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/10/07  9:06pm
" oh, also Mikki555, the pain you might be experienceing could be the eustachian tube as well. Talk to your Dr about it. I've long suspected that what is going on in my middle ear might have something to do with the inner ear troubles. Just a thought... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/10/07  10:41pm
" I wouldnt be surprised..when all this started I had no other symptoms but now I have a major cold cough etc.. so I am sure it is clogged..I just dont know if the dizziness was an early symptoms before the cold started or if it is something separate. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/11/07  11:40pm
" Yes I do get ringing in my ears
with the vertigo and it seems to be with me always. I also have been told that my allergies play a big part in my vertigo I'm just not so sure. I've been suffering for 3 years now and its been very very hard. Please keep in touch we can share symptons.
Hope to hear from you soon
LBK 2000 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/13/07  12:36am
" Hi Laura, I am curious about what type of vertigo you have. Is it positional by chance? What are your symptoms? I know it is a very hard disorder. I have had it off and on for five years and latley I've begun to worry about the next episode. Does anybody get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, ect. and at the same time "check" to see if it is coming back? I have habitually begun to do this since waking up is when I first notice it. Or else when I roll over, I now saty awake a few moments longer, "testing" to find out if anything is spinning. Oh, it's horrible!! Right now I'm free of symptoms as of last Tuesday. But I'm always worried anyway. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/15/07  3:33pm
" "Pure" BPPV is not associated with tinnitus. However, BPPV often occurs hand-in-hand with OTHER inner ear disorders that are associated with tinnitus. More info on this here:

http://www.audiologyonline.com/inte... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web