Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Antivert for Dizziness & Vertigo
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Tell us about your personal experience with Antivert as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?
Posted on 10/12/06, 08:00 am
18 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Dizziness & Vertigo. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/08/07  2:41pm
" I was prescribed Antivert for my vertigo. It did not work I was also given dizzy pills at a different time and they also do not work. I think I may need the last resort which I believe is surgery. I just want it to stop it is ruining my life. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/08/07  5:59pm
" Antivert or dramamine for that matter works for people who get more of a motion sickness. Motion sickeness usually subsides, but for those of us who walk or lay around all day with the dizzies it does not seem to help. All it did for me was make it worse. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/13/07  8:57pm
" I was prescribed Antivert almost 12 weeks ago and I have not noticed much help. I continue to take it beacuse I am hoping it will kick in. I am dizzy within 20 minutes after waking up...I agree, I think it is better for just pure motion sickness. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/09/07  12:44am
" I was prescribed Antivert for my vertigo and it really hasn't touched my vertigo. the chiropracter did more good than the pills did. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/09/07  4:59pm
" Might as well take a sugar pill as an Antivert. It just doesn't work. Dramamine helps to keep the neausea away and makes you sleepy so you can sleep off the attack, but it doesn't stop the spinning. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/14/07  6:05pm
" i agree that antivert was not very helpful. i felt i got worse on it. it made it harder to focus and remember things. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/01/07  10:31pm
" When I had my first dizzy spell, I went to one of those emergency clinics because I thought I was about to die. They prescribed Meclizine and it doesn't work at all. It made me very sleepy and did nothing for the dizzyness. Later I was diagnosed with BPPV and was prescribed Valium. I'm afraid to take it because I have heard you can get addicted to it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/27/08  8:56am
" Gave me the worst migraine I have ever had. Felt like the top of my skull was going to blast off. Made my body feel like it was jello without the bowl. Ended up at the ER, had a Cat Scan, everything was normal. They increased the dosage, it made everything worse.

Can't take this drug. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/28/08  9:18am
" I was prescribed antivert and it does nothing for me. I don't take it anymore because it actually made my vertigo worse! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/29/08  10:52am
" It just made me sleepy.. and able to get some rest.

It did not help my vertigo at all.
I have to believe that there are many types/causes of vertigo, and the antivert works on certain kinds.
My vertigo is triggered by allergies... so the antivert does nothing to clear the blocked inner ear.. and just allows me to be drowsy enough to sleep for a bit. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web