Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Is it okay to take apple cider vinegar regularly after being diagnosed with diverticulitis? My 71 year old mother is healing from a very small are that was infected with diverticulitis, but she was also diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Right now she has a sinus infection and or head cold and we've read that apple cider vinegar mixed with honey in water is a great home remedy. After reading more on ACV, we also realize that it is helpful with a lot of health issues. Does anyone know if it is okay to take after diverticulitis?
Posted on 10/29/10, 11:33 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Diverticulitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/30/10  3:09pm
" BUMP "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/31/10  6:40am
" Sorry no one has answered. I havent heard of people using the apple cider vinegar with honey in water but if she tries it in small amounts to start with will soon know if it irritates anything or helps.
I have heard the honey part with sooth the throat & has a lot of healing properties in it.
Good luck with it & let us know how it goes. It may be a different answer or help for others too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/31/10  9:07am
" I didn't Answer this One cause I Just do Not know...I Know Honey Heals...but I have NO Idea about the Apple Cider vinegar and How it may react with Crohns or UC..

I Do Hope and Pray ur Mom Gets Serious Relief tho...I Cannot Imagine all those Hitting at Once...I Feel Like a Baby now for complaining the way I Suffered when there are people that have had to suffer so much Worse then me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/31/10  9:36am
" DakotaRose: she did drink the ACV and it did not do well at all with her. She ran to the bathroom all day. I do believe it had something to do with the UC and Crohn's. Another suggested carrot juice for the UC at room temperature. He's been suffering with UC for 28 years. So I went out and bought some carrot juice. I will call her here shortly to see how she's doing, but since the bout after the ACV - she's now got a lot of bloating. I'm hoping to find a remedy for that as well now. Thank you for answering to both of you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/31/10  11:45am
" Now Carrot Juice is GOOD...heals Soft Tissues of the Body...I make my own Carrot Juice..is Good Stuff !! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web