pain in right hand side!!
i wondered if it was normal with diverticulitis to have really bad pain in the lower right hand side. i have been really bad this last week i could hardly walk with the pain. my doctor said it only goes on the left side, but im sure ive read it can flare up on the right but is very rare. he said it was a grumbling appendix, but he still put me back on all my tablets, anti in flammatry and antibiotics, the pain has eased now. although is still tender to touch. i have to have my colonoscopy on the 11th december. the last one i had was 6 months ago and they couldnt sedate me so gave up. any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Posted on 12/02/07, 08:35 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Diverticulitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 12/03/07  11:14am
" I'm no doctor but after reading about it on the internet, I did find that there are cases of right sided diverticulitis. I think it said either it was rare or seen more in Eastern cultures... can't remember which. Check out webmd and Wikipedia for more info too. "
Reply #2 - 02/19/08  12:23pm
" I had terrible pain in the left side, figured it was wind, Yours could be your appendictis. I would google it or go to mayoclinic, webmd, harvest medical and put your symptoms in, that should give you an idea. "
Reply #3 - 02/19/08  12:23pm
" Maybe you have fibromayglia like me "
Reply #4 - 02/19/08  2:30pm
" I felt the same way you did. Have mostly right sided pain and thought maybe I was misdiagnosed but have learned on here that others have ride-sided pain also. From what I have read, the pain can show up in all kinds of places. If I am wrong about this, please let me know. "
Reply #5 - 02/20/08  12:37pm
" My diverticulitis began with a VERY sharp pain on my right side. My right side bothered be more than my left. "
Reply #6 - 02/21/08  11:34pm
" I too had right sided pain along with the left. My recent colonoscopy showed an ulcer on the illeum and she took a pathology of it. No results yet. Hoping I don't have Crohns and the divert, "
Reply #7 - 03/23/08  2:02pm
" Hi,
My dad was rushed into hospital with right sided severe pain,the doc,thought it was his appendix and they were going to take his appendix thur lapro,when they went in they found severe diverticulitis,in 6 weeks he has to have a barium enima then they are going to take the battered colon,i,m scared somewhat cuz mum died 7 weeks ago because of colon cancer "
Reply #8 - 03/25/08  12:29pm
" mine hurts on the right more than the left. "
Reply #9 - 03/29/08  12:47pm
" Mine hurts on both sides. I'll be going into the hospital to have the right half of my large intestine removed due to a flat large polyop just above my appendix. The surgeon says he's 98% sure that it's cancer. The left side of my large intestine has narrowed to the point that they had to use a baby scope on me. He's going to check further into this once he's inside of me.

Susie "
Reply #10 - 03/30/08  3:58pm
" I'm in lots of pain today, all over my lower abdomin. It seems to be getting much worse.

Susie "