Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Cabbage Soup Diet
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello,
Typically I am not a huge proponent of fad diets as I am all too familiar with the yo-yo syndrome. However, I am heading south in two weeks and would like to slim down a bit so I feel half decent in my bathing suit. I typically eat well and detox frequently but still have a very stubborn 10 pounds that will not go away. Therefore, I gave in and am on day two of the cabbage soup diet. I read a great deal of reviews before attempting this and what sold me was that many people posted that after this diet they were very aware of what they were putting into their bodies and maintained a healthy eating life style. Has anyone else tried this diet and if so what was your experience on it?

Thanks for the support,

Lorraine
Posted on 02/05/14, 05:57 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Diets & Weight Maintenance. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/05/14  12:33pm
" Sorry, I have not tried this diet.

As long as the diet is nutritionally balanced it can help. The trick is following it! So if it works for you then that is FANTASTIC! I wish you the best of luck with it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/06/14  8:54am
" LOL....I choose this soup often as I like the super low calories on it. I feel full too. Try 2-3 large cans chic broth to a large chopped onion, parsley, onion powder, teas chopped garlic, either a large drained can of white chicken or 4 strips tyson chicken tenders to a large bag of cole slaw simmer till done... salt and pepper to taste....sometimes I hop it up with small can diced tomatoes... you can play this recipe... just add the calories.. divide by cup.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/06/14  9:31am
" thanks for the recipe skope. I found a great one on the web which is delicious and I will use it on a regular basis. I added a bit of oil in a pot cut up my selected veggies, added my spices including chili pepper flakes, cumin,pepper, garlic and some Mediterranean salt. Then added my low salt chicken broth and some water and cabbage. Yummy!

Today is day 3 of my cabbage soup diet. I am allowed fruits and veggies. It is actually pretty easy to follow. I like that I can eat whenever I want. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/07/14  3:23pm
" I use pam and precook in micro wave than transfer to pan... I dont want the extra fat in any form, LOL thanks for sharing your recipe!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/07/14  6:26pm
" Hello Rainietoo ,,,I have tried the cabage soup dirt before ,,,it does work ,,just have to stick with it "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/07/14  6:51pm
" Hi Challenge, I have read so many reviews about the soup being horrible that I was hesitant about it. I am not sure if I am doing it right or not but mine is delicious! I use a tiny bit of oil, sauté one onion, add some minced garlic, celery, red peppers, carrots, green peppers and a ton of spices, then add some low sodium chicken broth and water and then add the cabbage. I also use chill flakes which really give it a kick and it is awesome! Today is the banana and skim milk day. It was okay I especially enjoyed my smoothie for breakfast! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/08/14  9:11am
" Your soup sounds great to me ,,, when I make mine I try to get as may kind of peppers into it as I can ,red ,.green ,orange and lots of fresh garlic ,,, maybe I will make a batch this weekend ,,, "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/09/14  10:26am
" Today is day six on the cabbage soup diet. I am down 6 pounds. I am now getting a little sick of the soup but only have today and tomorrow to go. For me, despite the ineffectiveness of fad diets, I have found it helpful. I am not craving junk but rather healthy things like a banana smoothie or a hard boiled egg with salt and pepper on it. I am not hungry nor thinking of food as often as I was before this diet started. Since you can only do this for one week at a time and I still have seven pounds I want to take off I will portion control and eat clean to lose the remaining weight. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web