Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lunch Ideas?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I find it hard to find lunch ideas. I'm not really a sandwich or soup person, so I get sick of that stuff really fast. I can't really think of any ideas for lunch. Some that are quick and easy too, on days where I have to run from school to work to kickboxing and so on would help also. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted on 11/15/12, 08:51 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Diets & Weight Maintenance. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/16/12  8:06am
" What about a small tuna sald? But don't put cucumber in or it will go watery. Nuts are another great small meal or lunch might be a good time to eat fruit or what about yoghurt?. Or when you make food at night make an extra portion you can have for lunch the next day. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/16/12  9:33am
" What about spaghetti hoops? Or waffles? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/16/12  9:50am
" Hard boiled egg, string cheese, greek yogurt, baby carrots, apple, almonds- all portable and good for you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/16/12  1:44pm
" Hmmm, how about breakfast food or dinner food? Casserole planned overs (no left overs!) can make a wonderful lunch as can a bowl of cereal. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/17/12  10:53am
" crouck pot time.
I like left overs.
what ever you don't eat for dinner have for lunch the following day.

I love meatless chili. I will have chili for dinner n following day ( I have rice cooker ) I will put chili over top small bed of rice,.. another day I will layer corn chips, cheese n chili n top w swiss cheese n re heated n bake so top chesse will melt n slightly brown.Another day I will add white beans n/or corn.
I will also use chili as hotdog topping on open face bun. Also put in ontop of 1/2 of baked potatoe.

I pre make bake potatoe ( white n sweet potatoes ) I leave then in foil n toss int freezer n use 1 by 1 when I wish.
same w corn on cob.
I do not shuck the corn nor pre cook it. I toss cobs in plastic bag n freeze.
1 frozen corn on cob w husk still on, toss in micowave for 10 minutes are longer. shuck hull after it's cooked n has cooled down.

There's nothing that can't be pre cooked or left raw n frozen. simple put single serving or 2 or more serveings into zip lock frezzer type plactic bag n frezze. n micowave as much as what ever you wish when you wish.

When I use to work I would pre make salad n place serving into zip lock type placstic bag & salad dressing in another bag & bread sticks in anothet bag.
I still keep alrg bowl of pre made salad in refg w small contaiors w lids of vegs. I can use vegs as grab food or add some to pre made salad.

Yep you could even do a chicken in crock pot.
1 dy have oh lets say chicken breast w a vegs.use meat to add to pizza. ( I like the in store frzen pizza's). for another day,pre add chicken in leaf salad. For another day make chicken salad ( instead of sandw. lay ontop of small bed cut up lettuce n cottage chesse n pinapple.
for another day, pre make BBQ. don't half to use as sandw. BBQ is good w corn on cob/green beans/vegs.

Banana n fruity Fiber One cereal is portable n filling.

Ya I recall school n work n crock pot.
I still make lrg pot of pasta salad to have for the following wk.
Pasta. cook n rinse w hot water.
2 cans of chicken breast
1 bag of frozen peas n sliced carrots.
1 bottle of creamy salad dressing.
Mix together n enjoy.
I like meatless pasta dish's so I always make 1 pan w n 1 w/o.
I have couple of freinds who mico the pasta salad that I wrote of. I perfer cold pasta.

There r tons of meals n grab foods n grab meals.
I'v share a few of the simple dishes.

Oh my, so sorry I guess I had morming attact of gabbing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/19/12  11:45am
" I make tons of stuff in the crock pot sometimes not even to eat for that day. Then I put it in a rubbermaid container and freeze it. They have new ones with compartments. For my hubby once I put brats in one space, kraut in another and then put buns in baggie and put it on top then I took saran wrap and wrapped it all up so no one would accidently eat the buns. Of course that's not a good diet thing but it works. Then I make soup and freeze it. apparantly glass freezed well so I have been saving my glass jars. Defrost in the fridge though cause it might break in mic. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/19/12  3:03pm
" Wow - I have never even thought of these ideas - I definitely will be trying some out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/20/12  8:49am
" I make huge salads...and change them up. Lots of protein and veggies and on the run I usually grab a sandwich...whole grains..protein and veggies are the most filling. I also grab just a slice of lunch meat and cheese when I'm running somewhere or package of nuts if I don't have time so Im not tempted by a drive through;) A lot of people like fruit or yogurt too..not me. I dont find them filling at all. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web