Weight Loss Ideas
My husband has promised that if I lose 56 lbs by the beginning of December, we can get pregnant with our first child. I really, really want this. What do you think would be the best route to take to lose that much in a little less than 6 months. Help, please! :)
Posted on 06/18/11, 10:59 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Diets & Weight Maintenance. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 06/18/11  11:39pm
" Check out my blog, happinessisbeauty.wordpress.com
I am a firm believer that the best, most effective long term and healthiest way to lose weight is the old fashioned exercise and cut down on your dinner portions. It took me a long time to learn this.

I wish you all the best with your goal, and I know you can be successful. Drop me a message if you ever want to chat :) "
Reply #2 - 06/19/11  3:49am
" That is a big goal to try to reach in only 6 months. That is about 10 months a month, roughly 2.5 pounds a week. Emmyvelle is right. Exercise and cutting meal portions is going to be key. I know for me, I lost some weight (can't remember how much~ sorry) walking 1 and half to 2 miles a day almost 7 days a week. This might be a starting point for you which to build on. You might have to walk 3 miles or 4 mile a day to get to losing that kind of weight. But also at weight training to tone the muscles at the same time.

I would advice getting a gym membership, and working with a trainer, at least a few times to get a routine down. I also would suggest getting a workout buddy and maybe even join some sort of support group like Weight Watchers, or TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) or something like that, who can help support you on your journey.... "
Reply #3 - 06/19/11  2:25pm
" Eating according to the Glycemic Index will control your hunger by eliminating insulin spikes. Basically that means never eating a sugar or starch by itself, whether it's fruit, bread, or sweets. Instead eat carbs with some protein and a little fat. Do this faithfully with each meal and snack. Good luck, you can do this! "
Reply #4 - 06/20/11  3:16pm
" I cant help but feel sad that you husband has said you have to lose the weight - I can appreciate that if you are at a healthy weight getting pregnant and pregnancy will be easier but surely you should lose weight for yourself.
It may be worth just cutting out processed foods and exercising a bit more healthiliy!!! "
Reply #5 - 06/20/11  4:22pm
" I do a protein shake in the morning (not a big breakfast eater) and two protein rich meals per day. Snack on almonds, maybe a sugar free fudgepop for dessert. I also go to the gym 4x per week.
Good luck with your weight loss goal! "
Reply #6 - 10/19/11  4:05pm
" don't eat after 5 pm. "
Reply #7 - 10/19/11  10:59pm
" Weight watchers is a great way to learn about portion control. If you want to be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods, definitely try to find a weight watchers center in your area. I suggest attending the meetings, you can meet people who have the same goals as you, and you can even meet a new gym buddy there!
Walking is a good way to start a workout routine. But like Est3lle said, only do this if you want really want to. 56 lbs by december is alot, its really not healthy to lose more than 3lbs a week. You want to be healthy if you plan on having a baby.
dont kill yourself tryint to lose all that weight in that time frame. When the time is right, you and your husband will have that baby. It's entirely possible that he just wants you to establish better eating habbits and be healthier before you have a baby. Dont stress-that never helps. Try to relax. Good Luck to you and your husband! Keep us posted :) "