Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Friday August 29, 2014

Educational Stories

• SIX FOODS THAT CAUSE CANCER

Saturday, January 18, 2014 | An Educational story

1.  Microwaveable popcorn. This processed food is a favorite among moviegoers and regular snackers alike, but it is one of the unhealthiest foods you can eat. Practically every component of microwaveable popcorn, from the genetically-modified (GM) corn kernels to the processed salt and preservative chemicals used to enhance its flavor, is unhealthy and disease-promoting. On top of this, micr...

1 Recommendation

• Advertisement
  • FIVE JOBS PEOPLE REGRET DOING AS CAREERS

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 | An Educational story

Cashier
    First on the list and with an average yearly pay of $18,600, 46% of cashiers say they regret their job. As a cashier, you’re required to spend your time at work interacting with the public. If you don’t enjoy that, you’re not going to find this job very satisfying. “You need a real service mentality to deal with the general public, and to work in a space where you ...

1 Recommendation

• R.I.P.  IRENA SENDLER - 15 February 1910 – 12 May 2008 was a Polish nurse/social worker who served in the Polish Underground during World War II, and as head of children's section of Żegota, an underground resistance organization in Poland.
    "There recently was a death of a 98 year old lady named Irena.
    During WWII, Iliana, got permission to work in the Warsaw Ghetto.
    She had an ulte...

1 Recommendation

• The big secret from 1938 to 1988: 
    "...  Christmas 1938 [Sir] Nicholas Winton was about to travel to Switzerland for a skiing holiday, when he decided instead to travel to Prague, Czechoslovakia, to help his friend Martin Blake, who was involved in Jewish refugee work, and had called him asking for his help.    There he single-handedly established an organization to aid ...

1 Recommendation

• 6 Artery Cleansing Foods
    Organic Asparagus
    Asparagus is one of the best, natural artery-clearing foods around, says Shane Ellison, an organic chemist and author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures. “Asparagus works within the 100,000 miles of veins and arteries to release pressure, thereby allowing the body to accommodate for inflammation that has accumulated over the years.” It also he...

1 Recommendation

• Having to grow up

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 | An Educational story

"When I was a Child, I acted like a Child, I thought like a Child, I reasoned like a Child! When I became a Man I gave up all childish things!"
    (1Corinthians 13:11)
    I believe the society we live in is encouraging young Boys and Girls not to grow up. Our youth is constantly bombarded with all the trash of the day on TV and then still expected to stay in School and remain celibate until 18. No wond...

1 Recommendation

• 25 tips, (these are really good)

Thursday, March 20, 2014 | An Educational story

25 tips  
    1. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster. ...  
    2. Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!  
    3. Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and bett...

1 Recommendation

• SIX WORST THINGS TO WEAR FOR A JOB INTERVIEW

Friday, March 28, 2014 | An Educational story

NEVER WEAR:
    the six worst things to wear for a job interview.
    1.  Ill-Fitting Clothes
    If you haven’t worn your interview outfit recently, you might find it doesn’t fit the way it used to.  
    Don’t try to pull it off, though. You won’t look your best and you won’t feel comfortable -- and it will show.
    “Better to wear an outfit that is tailored to...

1 Recommendation

• New: Looking for Suggestions

Sunday, March 30, 2014 | An Educational story

Hello, I am new to this group. My name is Lisa.  Not only am I looking for friends to aid in support as I begin yet another new diet, I am also looking for suggestions.  I am very overweight (obese) but I have lost weight many times in the past, luckily, I have great muscle tone and once I made the decision to tone up, working out with weights does wonders for me, quickly!!  So, no...

1 Recommendation

• 6.2 percent
    Workers pay 6.2 percent of their earnings into the Social Security system, and employers pay a matching 6.2 percent. Self-employed workers contribute 12.4 percent of their pay to the Social Security Trust Fund.
    $117,000
    This is the income cap for Social Security taxes in 2014. Workers do not pay Social Security taxes on earnings that exceed $117,000 and will notice a bump in their pay...

1 Recommendation