Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear

Educational Stories

• What Are Sustainable Foods and How Do They Benefit Us

Friday, August 23, 2013 | An Educational story

These days I hear a lot of talk about sustainable foods.  But what exactly does the term mean? I have talked to many health professionals including the gym where I have a club membership and I have learned that at the most basic level, sustainable foods are created through sustainable agriculture, which is the production of food and fiber from plants and animals using agricultural ...

1 Recommendation

• Advertisement
  • FINNISH SCHOOLS HAVE NO EXAMS until age 16, & start school at age 7//

Thursday, October 3, 2013 | An Educational story

"When Students cheat on exams it's because our School System values grades more than Students value learning." -Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist ► www.knowledgeoftoday.org/2013/01/what-does-school-really-teach-children.html —
    Finnish schools have no uniforms, no entrance exams, no fees, no league tables and no Ofsted inspections (tests). 
    Students start school at age 7 ...

1 Recommendation

• Depression can be a sensitive subject to talk about and can be even more difficult to handle. Admitting that you suffer from depression could be viewed as a sign of weakness from others which can lead to social isolation.  It can also lead to feelings that your life is out of control and that you can’t dig yourself out of any difficulties you may face in life. Depression is a serious i...

1 Recommendation

• PEOPLE WITH HIGHER IQs ARE NIGHT OWLS

Thursday, November 7, 2013 | An Educational story

"People with higher IQs are more likely to stay up late and they show a higher ‘level of cognitive complexity.’    
    Other studies also show that people who wake early fade in terms of cognitive ability at a faster rate than those who don’t.    This article summarizes the results of several scientific studies that suggest night people...

1 Recommendation

• Having to grow up

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 | An Educational story

"When I was a Child, I acted like a Child, I thought like a Child, I reasoned like a Child! When I became a Man I gave up all childish things!"
    (1Corinthians 13:11)
    I believe the society we live in is encouraging young Boys and Girls not to grow up. Our youth is constantly bombarded with all the trash of the day on TV and then still expected to stay in School and remain celibate until 18. No wond...

1 Recommendation

• New: Looking for Suggestions

Sunday, March 30, 2014 | An Educational story

Hello, I am new to this group. My name is Lisa.  Not only am I looking for friends to aid in support as I begin yet another new diet, I am also looking for suggestions.  I am very overweight (obese) but I have lost weight many times in the past, luckily, I have great muscle tone and once I made the decision to tone up, working out with weights does wonders for me, quickly!!  So, no...

1 Recommendation

• anxiety

Thursday, October 2, 2014 | An Educational story

I made a dr appointment but of course you have to wait a month...WHAT thats not going to help me right now. I went to a walk in clinic, The NP gave me what I asked for. Your suppose to take it one to three times a day depending on how you feel. They are helping easy my emotional pain but I'm still unable to make a very important decision and the deadline to decide is right around the corning. Fam...

1 Recommendation

• VIDEO: NO BLOOD - SLAUGHTER HOUSE FOOTAGE

Saturday, November 8, 2014 | An Educational story

Slaughterhouse Footage Ever Shows No Blood Or Slaughter By Ashley Capps | October 5, 2013                        | Categories: Animal Cruelty Investigation
    96.7K896133118K

The above footage shows the experience of a cow who is waiting in line to die.
    Here at Free from Harm, we work very hard to dismantle popular arguments in favor of eating animals. We link to scientific...

1 Recommendation

• Autism and its Behavioral and Mental Impairments

Thursday, December 4, 2014 | An Educational story

Autism is a complicated nerve problem that considerably impacts peoples actions and public communications. The problem can be exposed when they are younger, by the age of 3. Although the first symptoms and symptoms of autism can sometimes be recognized in babies, the problem is usually found at a later age. Autistic children show a variety of behavior irregularities, and they can be quickly recog...

1 Recommendation

• Are you hot mess....from sleep deprivation?

Thursday, December 4, 2014 | An Educational story

Your hair is starting to get straggly; your eyes are bloodshot; and the eye bags, oh the eye bags are darker than they?ve ever been. You just feel really rundown, and then it hits you. You have become a hot mess overnight. Night?that?s just the problem. Honey, you are not sleeping the night through, and this constant restlessness is harming you physically. You are a beautiful person, and you do n...

1 Recommendation