Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Saturday July 26, 2014

Educational Stories

• Required reading

Sunday, October 7, 2012 | An Educational story

My H typed this up for someone and he did it so nicely I decided to save it here so I can copy/paste, when i recommend these books, as I so frequently do.  I labeled it required reading because that is what I believe it to be.
    How To Help Your Spouse Heal From Your Affair: A Compact Manual For The Unfaithful by Linda MacDonald 
    (A must read for the CS) 
    Not Just Friends by Shirley ...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Advertisement
  • Find Your Inner Neanderthal Published by ScottH under Ancestry 
    SEVEN million years ago ALL OF US were chimpanzees.  Humans and Neanderthals share a common ancestor with chimpanzees — our next closest mammalian relative — that goes back between five and seven million years.
    Neanderthals had bigger brains and muscles, but for some reason Neanderthals —thick boned ...

1 Recommendation

10 Comments

•  the book by William S. Burroughs, see Tornado Alley (book).
    A diagram of tornado alley's rough location (red), and its contributing weather systems
    Tornado Alley is the area of the United States where tornadoes are most frequent.    Although an official location is not "defined,"
    the areas in between the Rocky Mountains and Appalachian Mountains are the areas usually as...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• 6 Artery Cleansing Foods
    Organic Asparagus
    Asparagus is one of the best, natural artery-clearing foods around, says Shane Ellison, an organic chemist and author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures. “Asparagus works within the 100,000 miles of veins and arteries to release pressure, thereby allowing the body to accommodate for inflammation that has accumulated over the years.” It also he...

1 Recommendation

• Having to grow up

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 | An Educational story

"When I was a Child, I acted like a Child, I thought like a Child, I reasoned like a Child! When I became a Man I gave up all childish things!"
    (1Corinthians 13:11)
    I believe the society we live in is encouraging young Boys and Girls not to grow up. Our youth is constantly bombarded with all the trash of the day on TV and then still expected to stay in School and remain celibate until 18. No wond...

1 Recommendation

• 25 tips, (these are really good)

Thursday, March 20, 2014 | An Educational story

25 tips  
    1. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster. ...  
    2. Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!  
    3. Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and bett...

1 Recommendation

• SIX WORST THINGS TO WEAR FOR A JOB INTERVIEW

Friday, March 28, 2014 | An Educational story

NEVER WEAR:
    the six worst things to wear for a job interview.
    1.  Ill-Fitting Clothes
    If you haven’t worn your interview outfit recently, you might find it doesn’t fit the way it used to.  
    Don’t try to pull it off, though. You won’t look your best and you won’t feel comfortable -- and it will show.
    “Better to wear an outfit that is tailored to...

1 Recommendation

• New: Looking for Suggestions

Sunday, March 30, 2014 | An Educational story

Hello, I am new to this group. My name is Lisa.  Not only am I looking for friends to aid in support as I begin yet another new diet, I am also looking for suggestions.  I am very overweight (obese) but I have lost weight many times in the past, luckily, I have great muscle tone and once I made the decision to tone up, working out with weights does wonders for me, quickly!!  So, no...

1 Recommendation

• 6.2 percent
    Workers pay 6.2 percent of their earnings into the Social Security system, and employers pay a matching 6.2 percent. Self-employed workers contribute 12.4 percent of their pay to the Social Security Trust Fund.
    $117,000
    This is the income cap for Social Security taxes in 2014. Workers do not pay Social Security taxes on earnings that exceed $117,000 and will notice a bump in their pay...

1 Recommendation

• SKILLS YOU SHOULD ALREADY HAVE BEFORE YOU START KINDERGARTEN

Friday, July 18, 2014 | An Educational story

Help kids understand the feelings of others," says Hughes. "I want them to know when a friend is sad by looking at her face and seeing that her mouth is frowning or her eyes are crying."
    This nurtures compassion and empathy, values that are prized
    by kindergarten teachers.
    Strong Fine-Motor Skills
    Your child's hands must be strong enough to master coloring, cutting, pasting, and holding a penc...

1 Recommendation