Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Swollen Feet
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyones feet swell?? Even though I take off the recommended fluid at treatment my feet swell. Even my calfs get swolle sometimes. My feet really hurt when they swell. Seems like no one has an explanation at the docs office. I don't want to have to be in a wheelchair!! Help
:) Sue
Posted on 04/22/08, 09:20 am
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Dialysis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/24/08  7:20am
" several things you need to ask yourself. Do I follow the food and liquid recomendations?

Have you talked with your nephralogist? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/24/08  4:03pm
" Yes, my feet swelled. Eating on to many ice cubes. Try eluvating your feet by lying down and placing your feet up over your head like you lay down and put you feet up on the wall and strech them out and then you can feel the fluid runing down. Sound crazy but its real. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/29/08  10:09pm
" You are on dialysis right? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/30/08  7:31pm
" yes orange I am but the doc says that's not the reason because it's still there after my treatment "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/02/08  7:48am
" I do get swollen feet too from time to time. How long are you on the machine? When I first started on hemo dialysis I was on three times a week for three hours. Then over a year ago last March I increased my time up to three and half hours. I also have an extra two hour treatment on Monday's to get extra fluid off. I dialysize four times a week. I try to avoid alot of take out places like Mc Donalds, Burger King, and pizza places. If the food is going to make you feel like crap then why eat it? It's very hard for me sticking to the fluid restritions too when I take about 35-40 pills a day. If you don't produce any urine then your body can't flush all that fluid out of our bodies. That one reason why we need dialysis because to many toxins build up because the kidneys aren't working properly.
I too rattle with this renal diet too something is always screwed up weather is your albuim, phosphate, pottassuim etc. When you sleep at night try proping your feet up with two or three pillows under your feet. You might need to increased your length of time your on the machine. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/23/08  12:12pm
" Hi Sue,

Do you elevate your feet when you are at home? Also, I found I had to get wider shoes and that helped some. Maybe you could ask for a mild diuretic to help with the fluid? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web