Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
How much does dialysis cost?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello,

can someone tell me how much does one dialysis procedure cost?
Posted on 06/30/08, 01:15 am
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Dialysis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/30/08  6:08am
" I got a bill,but t was covered by my insurance. At home treatments are about $658. at the treatment cenetr they are about 1200. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/30/08  9:52pm
" I understand Medicare covers 80%. I'm not familiar with the new drug program but some should be covered.

It ain't cheap. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/01/08  8:11pm
" Thank you all for your responses ! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/05/08  9:43pm
" last bill i recievied medicare paid 149.00 per treatment [4hrs] ill check next bill and let you know more ok "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/04/08  12:01am
" I'm not sure how much one procedure cost. I guess it depends apon what health plan you have. I have Kaiser insurance under my mom health plan being a disablied adult. I also have medi-cal under the state. When my Davita Dialysis bills come in the mail Kaiser pays for it and it's $55,000 dollars a month. I'm on the machine four times a week. On my regular days I'm on the machine for three and half hours. On my extra treatment day I on the machine for two hours.
I'm glad I don't have to pay for it. Who has that kind of money? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/31/08  1:04pm
" I'm a UK dialysis patient i obtain my treatment under the National Health Service so it's free along with drug prescriptions, i guess all my tax contributions through my working life (long retired)are effectively covering me now that i need dialysis, i understand in the usa you must have a health insurance plan?, but what happens if you cannot afford the premiums?.. can you obtain help on this or is there a two-tier system and the quality varies? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/07/09  4:55pm
" I was in the hospital. I had two dialysis treatments. I looked at the bill today. It was more than $9,000.00. So inpatient dialysis is really expensive $4500.00 per treatment. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/07/09  4:57pm
" Oops I just realize that I also had PD treatments while I was in the hospital. So my 4500 per hemo treatment is too high. What I am sure, it is more than a person can afford. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/08/09  8:37am
" Good topic:)

This is interesting to me and I am so glad you have so many replys.

My hubby is second chair in charge at a clinic here in N.Ga and I asked him about this. Of course, he does not get involved in billing but he did mention that they have 3 different sizes of dialyzers for different size people and for those that just have short treatments.

Also, it will depend on if someone gets EPO injections too. THat stuff is like liquid gold and really makes a big difference in billing too.

I will talk to the girl that does billing in the morning and see if she can give me more specifics about this.

Thanks for the post! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/08/09  2:13pm
" Oh the EPO. I understand it is part of the hemiodialysis treament. I know Aranesp last longer and is about $250.00 per shot. You need Epogen more frequently and i was told it is less. But we really really need the EPO to function "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web