Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Anyone know anything about Invokana?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi All~ I am new to this group. NOT new to diabetes though. I was diagnosed about 10 years with type 2. I take 1000mg of Metformin twice a day and was doing very well for many years so no complaints with that. However my levels have been creeping up so doctor wants to add this new med along with the Metformin. Its called Invokana. I am super sensitive to most medicines due to some other health issues I have so I am very cautious with anything new. I am hoping someone here can give me some feedback on this medicine.

Take Care, Dawn
Posted on 07/30/13, 10:29 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Diabetes Type 2. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/31/13  12:02am
" I have not but found this.

http://www.jnj.com/news/all/us-fda-... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/31/13  9:16am
" I just read what Grannie posted, doesn't sound like this has been out too long, which would be a flag to me, plus I don't like the side effects, but discuss with your doctor. voice your concerns, see if maybe something else to try first. You are at the max amount for the metformin and this disease does progress in many. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/01/13  9:53am
" Grannie~ Oh no...yeast infections! Geesh, can't wait to get that! thanks so much for the link.

My doctor is a strong believer in "new" meds. He feels they are the BEST on the market. Ok, one could agree with him, however I feel that 'new' isn't always better! IMHO, anyway.

I will be praying for success with this new med!

Take Care, Dawn "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/01/13  5:29pm
" Hi,
I asked my doctor about Invokana and she feels it's too soon to tell how often it might lead to urinary tract infections and issues. Apparently there is some risk of that. That, anyway, was my doctor's opinion.

I'm on 2000mg of Metformin until we learn more.

Ron "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web