Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Has anyone heard about PGX Daily?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was reading about PGX Daily for Diabetes, has anyone heard or used this product and if so how did it work for you?
Posted on 06/13/09, 04:19 pm
22 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Diabetes Type 2. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/13/09  11:18pm
" what is it supposed to be for ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/15/09  4:10pm
" It a supplement that can reduce your glycemic index by 50% It is available in health food stores and places like the vitamen supestore online, You can also google it. I was just wondering if anyone knew about it or has tried it. It's suppose to be all around good for diabetics. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/15/09  10:10pm
" looked it up - its a horror - has nothing to do with diabetes or the glycemic index - stay away from all these advertised supplements. Here's the review.........

PGX Concerns
PGX Daily’s “unique fiber” seems to be really similar to Glucomannan. A natural fiber that expands up to 50 times its own weight and flushes fat deposits from the colon. Glucomannan is a good appetite suppressant and it only runs around $7 a bottle at your local health food store. Another concern is that on the PGX website they list all these reasons why you might gain weight with PGX daily. Like fat weighs more than muscle, so you might gain weight at first or you might gain weight because of the extra water your drinking. These are just lame excuses. A good fat burning supplement will never make you gain weight.

PGX Daily Side Effects
PGX Daily does come with a list of side effects, such as “increased gas, bloating, loose stools and constipation.” Also PGX can interfere with absorption of medications.

How Much is PGX Daily?
PGX Daily is around $30.00 for 120 capsules. This is very expensive for a fiber supplement and this amount won’t even last a month. Also, PGX Daily does not come with a money back guarantee.

PGX Daily Conlcusion
PGX Daily is not going to aid in weight loss because it doesn't contain any fat burning ingredients. PGX Daily may be a good fiber supplement, but when you take into consideration that most fiber supplements have to be taken for life PGX Daily is way too overpriced. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/16/09  6:51pm
" Thanks Airline I won't be buying that! You do great research! lol How do these people get away with this? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/17/09  8:56pm
" They get away with it because of people like you who will buy anything they say will help a certain disease. People are desperate and believe the advertising. BE careful of advertising on the web. Unless its recommended by John Hopkins or the Mayo Clinic it is just that - advertising. I once bought a low carb pasta that tasted like cardboard and called the manufacturer and gave them a piece of my mind. You know what their response was ? "You bought it didn't you". In other words, people will buy anything once and that once makes these bogus manufacturers wealthy. Thank goodness Dreamfields pasta was invented. I live on it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/19/09  9:40am
" Sorry Airline, please don't say people like me! I never said I purchased it, I was asking if anyone heard of it or used it. I certainly do not run and purchase something just because I have read about it. I do agree that these people make tons of money with all kinds of products because yes if lots of people purchase it just once they make a fortune but just because your asking does not mean you are going to buy it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/19/09  4:20pm
" I have never heard of the stuff, but I don't know of anything that can lower the glycemic index of any food other than by displacing that food with something else. It's really not that hard to eat low-GI foods without adding some expensive supplement. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 06/19/09  4:24pm
" Doing a quick ingredient check on the Net, I see it contains just fiber and caprylic acid. the former is good for filling you up non-calorically and the latter is wonderful for killing sugar cravings, but putting both together and charging almost 40 bucks a bottle is highway robbery! A tall can of unflavored Metamucil and a month's supply of caprylic acid softgels would cost you less than half as much. WAY less. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 06/19/09  7:49pm
" Pinklady - I didn't mean to insinuate that you, personally, would buy it. I meant people like you ('you' meaning people who listen to all the advertising and believing in it.) At least you questioned it. You can get fiber from a number of sources without spending a penny on supplements. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 06/30/09  2:10pm
" For Anyone who believes "Reply #3" (arlineH)..

The source of your "review" you have posted is from one of a hand-full of faux-weightloss-pill-review weibsites out there.

Their is "fatburners" and "weightlosspillsreview" etc. - I encourage you all to look at these websites and tell me if you notice anything fishy.

ITS ALL A BIG MARKETING PLOY! They list tons of products out there, and bash them. They compare them to these "other products on the market" - Mainly Phenfedra and Slendaslim and one other (meta-something?).

Once you notice what they are doing, it is so obvious. The products they are pushing are the only ones that they sell. They are the only ones that they say anything good about. I have tried to enter reviews onto their page ( they have a review spot at the bottom ) I have tried numerous times and been denied every time when I was saying positive things. I decided to try saying something negative to test the system, and sure enought it was accepted.

- Now you could say this is speculation, BUT when you look at the few sites out there that I listed, and notice they all say the SAME THING and try to sell the SAME products.. It becomes clear. So look at the PGX reviews on the sites I listed and see if they match the review in Reply #3.. I have to admit those sites fooled me at first too entill I noticed the trend between them all. Anyways I think my rant is over. Im just a big believer in doing your own due diligence. Which is why I encourage you to look into it further if you have the time. - Marketers are getting sneaky these days.

Ps. 1 more thing. PGX has everything to do with the glycemic index and diabetes. I AM a type II diabetic and use it myself. I am now ( with a healthier diet, and regular exercise ) completly off Metformin. When I began taking PGX I had to space out when I took it, and my PGX, as it will slow the obsorption of the medication. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web