Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
T1D 50+ years
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been a Type 1 diabetic for 50 yrs and was looking for others that also have been living with diabetes for this long or longer! :)
Posted on 01/27/13, 11:45 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Diabetes Type 1. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/28/13  2:32pm
" Hi! Yes, I have had Diabetes for 51 years now. Congratulations to you and I for making it this far, using such primitive equipment and teachings back then. Hopefully you have received the 50 year medal from Joslin or another 50 year award for long term Diabetics from another company, as I have. I'm proud to have received it! :)

I went to Camp Banting in Canada when I was a child, not the Camp that you mentioned. Good luck in finding many PWD who have lived with Diabetes for 50+ years and who can make it for the camp reunion. Sounds like fun! :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/16/13  5:37am
" Sorry if I sound rude, but I don't understand this. Most people with diabetes would live up to about 5 - 10 years. My mother had diabetes of 15 years. This is shocking. Wow. 50 years of diabetes? That's a really long time. I'm impressed "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/16/13  5:47am
" I am sorry this is stupid of me, I don't know why I said that. I mean my mother was a diaetic for 25+ years "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web