Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Treatments
Discussion:
ECT
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Can anyone tell me of their experiences, good or bad, with ECT? I'm about to start my new adventure with ECT and would like to know what I'm about to get myself into. I've read the literature but it doesn't compare to the personal life experiences of someone.
Posted on 04/21/12, 03:22 pm
32 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #31 - 05/23/12  2:49am
" i had 3 treatments a year ago while inpatient. after the first, my muscles were really sore,but with Ultram and a heating pad i was better that evening.

the treatments helped and my pdoc wanted me to have a minimum of 6 treatments, but i don't have anyone to take me and bring me home.

i'm hoping i can eventually have more. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #32 - 05/23/12  6:57am
" I have had more than 50 treatments of ECT over the last nine years. The only side effect is memory loss. There are chunks of years that I have totally forgotten but it is worth it because it saved my life many times. I am treatment resistant and it really is a last resort treatment.

I didn't even have a headache any time after ECT and it was bilateral each time. They take you into theatre, give you a general anaesthetic and you know nothing until you come round in the recovery room.

By now you will have had some treatments of ECT if indeed you decided to go ahead with it.

I hope you are doing well. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web