Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Treatments
Discussion:
SAM-e is working!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I started taking the supplement SAM-e along with a Vitamin B complex about 2 or so weeks ago. Amazing difference.
My crying jags are reduced if not gone
My anxiety greatly reduced
My general mood is up
My thoughts, fears and OCD improved
I no longer fall into that dark place
I noticed myself slip slightly but as the days went on...I got better and better.
i am hoping this is the start to something great for me! After being on so many diff meds and struggling hard for 2-3 years now, I am able to get up and go without the set backs I used to have.

I've tried it all, and I'm smaking myself in the head for passing this box in CVS multiple times and not doing this sooner.
I'm starting to workout now, baby steps but its something, my appitite is reduced and I have more enegry!
I dont wanna jinx myself but I'm so freakin' glad to be feeling better.
I recommend this!
Posted on 01/23/12, 03:16 pm
19 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/23/12  9:41pm
" What's sam-e? Is it a natural health product? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/23/12  10:12pm
" How much do you need to take to alleviate symptoms _ you personally? I tried it once but probably did not give it enough of a go. I lasted a week on it and then gave up on it.

How long did it take to start noticing a difference?

I know it is expensive but maybe worth a try. I have tried 5-htp and L-tryrosine to not much avail. I really don't want another med or an increase. I don't feel that meds really work for me anymore. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/23/12  10:12pm
" It may be cheaper to buy on vitacost.com. Looking into it now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/24/12  12:01pm
" sorry ook me so long to answer. SAM-e is a natural chemical made in your brain. it supposedly is involved in a ton of different reactions your brain needs. I started to notice the diffetrence on the 7th day...then just gradually got better from there...really noticed on the 10th day. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/24/12  12:03pm
" Oh and I am taking 400mg (I think its in mg) sorry. I has given me some stomach craps thou, but not every day and no more then like having my period, only the craps are in the top of my stomach area, and they dont last really long, just like an hour or so after I take it. But you have to have vitamin b with it in order for the SAM-e to work. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/25/12  7:13am
" Why the need for the B vitamin? Any any particular one because there are quite a few B 12, B 16, or whatever. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/25/12  8:16am
" Hi Mari
How many times a day are you taking sam-e? I used to take it but it is very expensive.Also what b vitamins are you speaking of? B-complex or b 12.??
Thanks "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/02/12  1:54pm
" I am taking a vitamin b complex pill. and also B-12. 1000mcg
I think that is correct. I looked up the SAM-e and you need the B-12 mainly...but also folate and b-6, not as much as b-12 thou.
So I got I think 6mcg of b-6 and 400mcg folate then 1000 mcg b-12.

you need the b-12 to help the SAM-e to its function persay. the SAM-e needs enough vitamin b in your body to do whatever it does or it will cause excess homocyctine (sp?)
i will try to post a link. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/02/12  1:55pm
" sam-e.com/about/how-does-sam-e-work" title="http://www.sam-e.com/about/how-does-sam-e-work" target="_blank">http://www.sam-e.com/about/how-does... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/02/12  1:58pm
" sam-e.com/questions/compatibility/should-consumers-also-take-tmg-betaine-with-sam-e-and-what-dosage/" title="http://www.sam-e.com/questions/compatibility/should-consumers-also-take-tmg-betaine-with-sam-e-and-what-dosage/" target="_blank">http://www.sam-e.com/questions/comp... "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web