Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
I can't sleep, I'm anxious, hair's falling out
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I don't know what to do. I can't sleep no matter how tired I am. It seems like as soon as I lay down to sleep I magically hit my second wind, and then my brain won't shut up. Plus when my brain won't shut up and let me sleep all i can think of is the future. Like how will i settle into a good career, how will i afford a home, how will i afford a car, insurance all that. Then i start getting worried about how i will afford to have children and if i will be able to keep working or if i should stay home with my kids. Then i start thinking about how long i should stay home if i do. And then i worry that if i do try to go back to work if i would be able to. Plus with the career i have in mind i need to be able to keep riding (horses). And if i was pregnant i wouldn't be riding and if i was staying home with my children i don't know if i would be riding.

I just worry so much about everything all the time. It keeps me up at night i can't sleep and now my hair has started falling out. Like not that im missing chunks or what ever. Just like way more hair has been falling out then what normally does.

I don't know im sorry to be taking up your time if you really read all this, and i appreciate it if you did. Just if anyone knows how i could feel better or get some sleep or whatever.
Posted on 07/29/09, 04:07 am
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/29/09  4:29am
" hhmmm i get that.just soon as you lay down all the thoughts rush!
have you seen your docter for sleeping pills?x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/29/09  4:37am
" No i haven't i think i might though. I'm just affraid of becoming dependant. Plus i've used some before and they don't always work. I need to find a pill that will make my brain shut up lol

But i think i will at least try a doctor, thank you "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/29/09  4:47am
" i dont think its unusal to be so scared of becoming dependent. i think at your age thats when you really start taking on the adult lifestyle and its a scary thought but you will adapt and changes will come around but you just need to handle them 1 by 1 not seeing it all one huge big thing... bcos that does make it scary. xXx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/29/09  4:55am
" Have you talked to your doctor about the things that keep you awake? It really sounds like a little medication for anxiety could be very helpful for a while, as well as seeing someone to discuss your worries and fears, and learn techniques for dealing with them.

Does your college offer classes like yoga for physical education credits? That could be very helpful. Or the YMCA might have classes.

Try not to let yourself dwell on all these things. Every young adult wonders about what will happen in the future--marriage, career, finances, living arrangements, children--but it's not something you have to decide now. All of those things will come, and they will come in their own time, and not all at once. Trust in yourself that when the time comes, you will make the decisions that are right for you.

When I was your age, I felt like I had to get things done, that there was a limit or something. Looking back, I don't know why I put so much pressure on myself to find a husband, get married, settle down, have a baby...there really was plenty of time. Enjoy LIVING your life. Don't feel that you have to have a rigid plan and stick to it. Let your life develop as it will, and you'll find that some of the surprises you never expected or planned for are the very best things of all. Even if you could make all the decisions now, you are going to change in the next few years. What you think you want today may not be what you want in five or ten years. Also, life is not a true/false quiz. It's more like an essay test, and there are lots of right answers, lots of ways to get where you want to go.

Again, I think it would be sensible to see your doctor, have at least a few sessions of therapy, and maybe consider a little medication for a while. Medication can help therapy work better by permitting you to focus on the therapy rather than on your anxiety. Then as you learn new ways of thinking and techniques for managing your anxiety, you can reduce and stop the medication. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/29/09  11:18am
" Hunnie - you have "the squirrels!"

Running around your head......................

It is anxiety - used to have the squirrels myself - & the damn things would NOT settle down!

Ask your doctor for a benzo - trust me it will help you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/29/09  12:51pm
" i understand~!!! when i am exhausted, it takes a while for me to get to sleep cause as soon as i lay down, pretty much after dragging my butt to bed, i am magically awake! I can totally relate to everything you said...about thinking about future and stuff. Hugs to you hun...I found that sleeping pills from Kroger or wal mart helps. or if you have a head ache, then excedrin pm will knock me out too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/29/09  12:54pm
" I am sorry that your brain won't turn off. Being sleep deprived is the ultimate worst! I think it is a vicious circle. The less sleep you get, the more worries you have, thus leading to continued insomnia... Maybe your doc could help with something to clear your head and/or help you sleep... I wish you the best xxx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/29/09  4:13pm
" I can relate to you!! A therapist i was seeing named --my racing thoughts of worrying (like a race car driver but out of control..and off the track!)....He said; "Oh ya..and then your mind shifts gears and goes into 'automatic catastrophic rapid mode thinking'.....One worry (negative-fear) leads to and creates the next-! For me it was an inherited type of condition--PLUS--....the need for me to learn how to get different pathways going in that brain of mine.........It did HELP me for some reason? when I realized ya? It is like "automatic" (keeps going going going -like the automatic dishwasher/dryer/ etc!) and it's also NOT real.! I got some medication assistance (anxiety ) and also worked on re training (my own thoughts! For me there really was an inherited--piece toward this type of emotional stuff (-that they have found in research DOES exist)....Depression/anxiety have been found to be similar types of conditions--- one the "fear" track and the other the "hopeless" type track...But both are negative and both are compulsive like -automatic- pathways within the brain.!! For me getting professional help and both meds and my own practice of re-training through an EMDR therapist and cognitive type counselor CHANGED my life. It's horrible to live between bouncing between FEAR AND DEPRRESSION..... Hang in there......you CAN live a diffferent way!!! Much care to you and NO you are not crazy!! Just got some different reactions going on --that are NOT your fault. or anything to feel "wrong" about! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/29/09  7:12pm
" u need to slow down hon.is a dr.helping u with sleeping pills or anxiety?and yes,some meds do make u have more hair loss.get to the dr.before u loose it--good luck :) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web