Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
at the end of the road......
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
ive been trying to get a job for a while now, mostly every job i apply for either dont get back to me and if they do i ger rejected at the interview stage, ive been trying not to let it get me down but everyone needs a job and i feel so worthless without one and i dont know what to do.... ive been sleeping alot lately so i dont think about it. if anyone has any advice or has been through this it would be good to hear off you :) hope you all have a great day
Posted on 01/02/14, 04:43 am
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/02/14  5:51am
" You Are NOT "Worthless" Sweetheart!!!
Finding A Job Can Be Really Difficult.

What Kind Of Work Are You Interested In Honey????

Sending (((((HUGS))))) And Hope And Love ♥ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/02/14  5:58am
" Thanks :) , and im willing to do pretty much anything atall, ive applied for a whole rang of things "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/02/14  6:13am
" I Wish You All Luck In The World Sweetheart :)

Don't Give Up :)

Big ((((((HUGS)))))) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/02/14  7:42am
" That sounds familiar. You know that when you are depressed, no matter how you may try to hide it, it usually comes through? So when you go on interviews, people can sense that something is wrong, even if they don't quite know what it is. And this keeps them from hiring you. And so you get more depressed. At least this is my theory based on my own countless experiences.

If you can deal with your depression first, or do something that brings you some joy, you may be more likely to succeed in your search. Exercise can be a great way to lift the depression a bit. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/02/14  2:12pm
" Depression tends to get worse in the winter and also when we don't have a lot to do during the day. I do a lot better when my day is filled with just the right amount of activities. Finding a balance is tough. Are you calling the places and talking to the managers just to check in on your applications? Give them resumes? Stopping in and make sure you are wearing fancy clothes. Don't annoy them but get it across to them that you are really interested? Remember that you need to take care of yourself too. You can't work if you are so depressed you can't function. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/02/14  3:01pm
" Remember when you were working, and you imagined all the stuff you would be doing if you werent' stuck at work all day? Now's the chance to do some of them - probably the cheaper things. A routine is very helpful for some people. I was feeling guilty about sleeping so
much, but when I started cutting back, I felt more irritable, so I stopped
worrying about it. A good author, Wally Lamb - I'm reading one of his books, now. It takes me a long time to find an author I like, but they usually have plenty of books to read, when I do.

A lot of people go to work, work circles around the pets, and have a boss who treats them as if they're worthless -- they would love to trade places with you.

The quote below is intended for inspiration. I'm at a point, for a very long time, where I feel I have exhausted all possiblilities, but, there's always the possiblity that I'm wrong.

Sending you good thoughts and wishes.
=================================================
When you have exhausted all possiblities, remember this: you haven't. Thomas Edison "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/02/14  3:08pm
" It is not you; it is the economy. My daughter struggled for two years before finding a job at a bbq joint.

She's now doing something else, but she struggled and then a lady I work with, her daughter struggled in finding a job.

I suspect that you are a very nice and intelligent young man.

Here is a question....Do you like computers? Could you work at a Circut City or a Game Stop?

I will reply back later.

Don't give up. Like I said, I know tons and tons of young ones who can't get jobs and they try and try.

One thing that my daughter Cathleen did was network like crazy. Sometimes, though if you live in a small city or town that can be difficult. There are internships you might want to try for.

Marketing is lucrative and you might want to go into that. Many journalistic types and creative types like that kind of stuff because it is multifaceted-You get to work with technology; you get to write; you are busy everyday creating and shaping information and the way it is presented. I work with some people at work who do that..global minded young men who are tired of just one track career, so that might be an option for a career eventually. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/02/14  6:31pm
" This is the worst economy in the US that I have seen in 67 years. It is my understanding it is not so great in Europe either.

I could not say you are to blame for not having a job. However, . there are jobs 'out there', and in fact, it IS improving slowly, here.

Just want you to know .... look for a job .. you might find one. Don't look, and you will NOT. Keep up the effort ... but don't let it get you down.

I always thought working on a cruise ship would be a good experience. I hear it does not pay 'a lot', .. but if single and 'free', .. might look into that. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/03/14  1:51am
" Please do not call yourself Worthless because that is the farthest from the truth. Finding a job is difficult for a lot of people at this point. When I was able to work and wanted a job, I was relentless. I would call and ask if they were still interviewing and wanted to know when I could expect a return call, good or bad. Employers like to know people are persistent and really want the position. Don't give up hope, okay? Let us know when you get the job. Hugs GB "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web