Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Depression Jokes
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Forgive me if you think this inappropriate, but who could better use a laugh than us?

I am not being insensitive here. I have struggled with major depression throughout my life, as well as minor bouts of feeling down as well. (I think it is called double dysthmia if I remember from my abnormal psych class correctly.) Right now, it's the holiday, and I feel pretty damn terrible. But on one of my more lucid days, I started playing around with jokes that only depressed people might get.
Sometimes when you're down, the stupidest things can give you that little kick that you need to stop crying just long enough to blow your nose, wipe the mascara from beneath your eyes, and take a breath. So here goes... Please feel free to add your jokes in the replies!

Depression is: when you wake up in the morning and say to yourself "Oh, you're still here??!"
Posted on 12/26/13, 03:25 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/26/13  4:44am
" Not quite what your after but have a collection of mental health humour. Hope it hits the spot... http://www.dailystrength.org/people... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/26/13  4:47am
" Forgot this gem. Is closer to what your after is a mp3 file... http://bouldertherapist.com/html/hu... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/26/13  5:08am
" Funny! It's important to laugh at ourselves. I liked this line especially: "Marked tendency to identify and express feelings." "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/26/13  6:48pm
" How can you distinguish the staff from the patients in the asylum?
The staff has the door key. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web