Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
abilify
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi All,
I just read that abilify was a tranquilizer. Is this true?

It has the opposite effect on me, and gives me energy. I was wondering if anyone else takes abilify, and gets energy, or do you get sleepy?

I know this is a personal question, so you need not answer at all.
Posted on 04/14/11, 06:43 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/14/11  7:05pm
" Hey Gidget/Bridget, You know of course we are all different and respond differently to different meds. I took abilify for about a year and stopped in January. Technically I think it is an anti-psychotic. I found it useful at first and attributed some improvement to it. I seemed to get a boost from it, so I guess I'd say it gave me some energy and hope. I really objected to the cost even though the insurance company was picking up the lion's share. When my deductible increased I objected. It was still affordable but on principle I figured I could get by on generics. Never felt as though it was a tranquilizer though it could have some anti-anxiety effect. I think I'm doing okay without it, though I did have an unusually tough winter. Thank God for Spring and for DS. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/14/11  7:09pm
" Hey Gidget/Bridget, You know of course we are all different and respond differently to different meds. I took abilify for about a year and stopped in January. Technically I think it is an anti-psychotic. I found it useful at first and attributed some improvement to it. I seemed to get a boost from it, so I guess I'd say it gave me some energy and hope. I really objected to the cost even though the insurance company was picking up the lion's share. When my deductible increased I objected. It was still affordable but on principle I figured I could get by on generics. Never felt as though it was a tranquilizer though it could have some anti-anxiety effect. I think I'm doing okay without it, though I did have an unusually tough winter. Thank God for Spring and for DS. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/14/11  7:18pm
" Seeking ... I got your PM to remove your duplicate reply due to a 'connection problem'. I cannot remove ... anything. I could only close the entire thread .. so let us 'let this go'. Not a big deal, actually.

Thanks for letting me know. Much 'worse' things have happened.

Gidge ... Yes, I am pretty sure abilify is a fairly strong tranq ... but I am no doc or pharmacist. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web