Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Cymbalta
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone had any bad reactions while taking Cymbalta? My doc just switched me from Celexa to that, but my friend, who is a nurse, told me that some people have bad side effects.
Posted on 08/03/08, 11:57 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Depression. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/04/08  12:06am
" I never took it but my friend said it made her feel like a zombie. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/05/08  1:33pm
" I was prescribed Cymbalta 60mg in the AM.
It made me feel so tired that I had to switch and take it w my dinner at night.
Besides it takes like 6 weeks to kick in. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/05/08  1:36pm
" I have taken that in the past and it made me crazy...Like super manic and I could not slow down..it did not help my depression just made all of my other illnesses that much worse. I am no longer taking Cymbalta...Wish you luck finding a medication that will help you... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/05/08  1:37pm
" People react differently to all meds. No one is the same. What works for one might not work for someone else. I personally did great on it. Someone else might have a reaction to it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/06/08  11:38am
" I decided to come off Cymbalta. I was only on it a week and I was having trouble focusing on a task, getting hyper. I went back to celexa. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/07/08  7:07pm
" I took by accident double the dose of 60 mg.a day and it made me really nervous and have a heaadache but, 30 mg's.morning and night is good for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/18/08  11:47pm
" Cymbalta made me feel awful while my body was getting used to it. Say within the first 2 weeks or so, but I have had much better results on Cymbalta than Lexapro. But Dixe4me is right, people react differently on different medication. The key for me at least is to educate myself and know what to expect. Talking to the doctor possibly even writing down questions for him/her. Don't rely on the "internets" solely for your info. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/24/08  9:54pm
" I have been taking Cymbalta for about four months now and it is working great for me. I was taking my dose in the evening before bed and did not seem to make any difference, I wanted to know what it was going to do and how I would react, and that is hard to anaylize while under sleep. So I switched to taking the 60mg dose first thing in the morning when I wake up. I have noticed that it gives me energy makes my attitude better, causes me to slow down my mind so I can think before I act. It also controls my anxiety rather well. I have not noticed any harsh side effects other than if I miss a dose and do not take for more than 48 hours I become very violent in temper and almost very scary to be around. I am also dosin 100mg of Trazadone in the evening. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/04/09  12:33pm
" This is just my story of being on Cymbalta for 3 1/2 years. It ruined my life, turned off all my feeling, and made me a slug. I couldn't do anything. I also at the time thought that my depression had just gotten worse, and went to see the doctor.

He had me cut the dose in half, and another nightmare began the withdrawls. The are brutat as all get out, not like anything I have even had to come off of.

I am in recovery,and have had to kick many things, this is worse than any drug I ever took, legal or illlegal.

Please look up or google Cymbalta, and read all you can on this drug, they arre trying to get a class action going against Lilly.

Wish you all the best,
Debbie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/04/09  1:14pm
" I had a great reaction with Cymbalta. Able to concentrate, fibromyalgia went away, mood improved. I only had side effects when going on or off (I stopped taking it to have a baby and went back on after). Just stopped again and thinking about going back on. Might ask for something cheaper, though. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web