04/03/14
It rain on my life even on the bri... 
1 By thralkr
03/25/14
numb 
5 By keepingfamily
03/19/14

Depression Supporters Information

This community is dedicated to spouses, children, relatives, co-workers and others who are actively supporting someone suffering from depression or other serious mental illness. Depression can bring about intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive to an individual's social functioning and/or activities of daily living. This disruption can have a grave impact on the ability of others to work with, live with or interact with the depressed person.

Health Blogs

We all have friends or family who fit the polar ends of personality - the cheerleader types who can smile even after getting puddle-pummeled by a bus and the negative types who frown at butterflies. Positive emotions play a crucial role in developing the enduring relationships that are critical for our happiness. (One example: The boomerang smile ... Read More »
Posted in Depression by Sharecare on Apr 02, 2014
Research is beginning to show us these four roots create true happiness and health at a very key level of our existence. The four roots - Serenity, Exercise, Love and Food (or S.E.L.F.) - have an essential effect on our chemical processes of the body.
Depression is definitely more common in people with multiple sclerosis (MS) than in the general population. This is likely due to the biology of MS itself and its effect on the central nervous system, combined with psychosocial factors associated with MS. -- This answer is by the ... Read More »

Member Photos

Advertisement
Community Advisors
Julie Hanks, LCSW
Licensed Psychotherapist

Latest Activity