Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
My diagnosis. Can someone translate?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
This is my diagnosis (from a radiology standpoint only). Can someone put it into layman's terms?

C5-C6: Mild posterior disc space bulging minimal mass effect on
the thecal sac. Central spinal canal and neural foramina are
adequate in size.

C6-C7: Mild to moderate degenerative disc space narrowing with
moderate diffuse posterior disc space bulging. This results in
moderate to severe left neural foramina narrowing. The central
spinal canal is adequate in size.

Impression: Moderate degenerative disc disease at C6-C7 with
moderate to severe left degenerative neuroforaminal narrowing.
See report above.

Thanks in advance. I know some of you have become experts in the medical terminology.
Posted on 08/28/10, 06:10 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Degenerative Disc Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/28/10  7:13pm
" Lets see if I can help:

C5-6: you have a mild disc bulge with a little effect on the thecal sac ~ thats the sac that is around the disc. The spinal canal and the "hole" the the nerves travel thru are in good shape.

C6-7: you have moderate degenerate disc space narrowing with moderate disc bulge. The degeneration means that your disc is drying out which happpens with age, but some of us are lucky enough to have it happen earlier. LOL It causes the discs to bulge and herniate. Next ~ It results in moderate to severe neural foramina narrowing. This is the "hole" in which the nerves pass thru to the spinal canal. The spinal canal is adequate in size.

Impression: Moderatate drying out of discs at C6-7 with moderate to severe narrowing of the "hole" that the nerves pass thru to the spinal canal. This is also degenerative, meaning it could continue to narrow.

I hope I've helped you a little. God bless and if you have any more questions, please let me know. Hugs, Lee "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/28/10  7:34pm
" Thanks.. that helps a lot. Now I understand the "cause". "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/30/10  4:59pm
" I just wanted to correct one thing Leeall said.

The thecal sac is a membrane of dura mater that surrounds the spinal cord and the cauda equina. This thecal sac is filed with cerebral spinal fluid.

Just so you don't get confused about the anatomy of the spine.

It helps to study the structures, ligaments, nerves, names of bones and joints of the spine and spinal cord so you can have an understanding of how the structure is in a normal state and what happens when it's abnormal. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/30/10  6:35pm
" You're right ~ I got that confused with something else. Sorry about that Jas, and I thank you Rose!
Peace, Lee "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/30/10  7:39pm
" Thanks to the both of you. I've been undertaking a lot of study lately (hence all my posts lately) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web