Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Bruising
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I noticed this afternoon that I appear to have a bruise on my stomach. I just came out of the bathtub and the bruise seems to be around my waist. I do not wear tight clothing, but I think it is caused by waistbands. I have some hard knots of sort from where the needles were injected daily a few weeks ago. Is that normal? Are they clots?
Is anyone else bruising like this or like this?
I am on 10mg of Coumadin right now, getting my blood tested in the morning.
Posted on 09/17/07, 01:07 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/17/07  12:06pm
" Don't worry about it - being on coumadin makes us bruise easily. I have had LOTS of bruises that I don't remember causing, and they stay around longer too. I got a bruise once from the seam of my pantyhose! My injection sites were bruised for 2-3 weeks. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/17/07  1:00pm
" I also had lots of bruising, especially from my Lovenox needles. The bruises were hard (probably because they are injected sub-cutaneously) and felt like a "knot" and lasted for days. The bruises themselves lasted for a good few weeks. I still find bruises on myself even though I don't remember hitting myself, etc. I think what you are experiencing is "normal" :-) but check with your doctor if you're worried. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/17/07  6:32pm
" I think you already read my journal about the hematoma----I have noticed slight bruising from waist bands too. No big deal. 10mgs is a lot of coumadin, but everyone is different--let me know how the blood test turns out! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/18/07  12:14am
" Yup..knots...I got a few on my stomach now, but they are not going away.
Funny.. like a circle bruise around my waist now.
I was looking out for bruises, but I was thinking more about bumps and bruises, not bruising from clothing. Thanks all. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/18/07  4:53pm
" Bruises, schmoozes ..... I fell over a table a few weeks ago - it is a folding banqueting type table, and a friend & I were putting it up. I stood on the hinge to lock it and instead it shut it. I fell over it and scraped the leg along my thigh. I had a bruise that ran the length of my thigh and half way around it. Beautiful colours. It took around a week to clear. So after that one, the little 'ooo I don't remember doing that one' bruises sort of fade into insignificance! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/18/07  5:29pm
" Ouch Cath!..
I got a new one.. a circular bandaid on my arm...lol.. too funny now. My bruises are dark cos my skin is brown.. kinda yucky..thought it was dirt.. tried to rub it off..lol "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/19/07  3:59pm
" I had a good bruise a few weeks ago too, when I had to have a blood test. when I pulled the tape off after the test I got a rectangular bruise slightly bigger than the tape had been. The nurse at my anti-coag clinic saw it & went mental. 'How did you do that? How??????' When Isaid it was one of her colleagues who'd done it, she rang them there & then & shouted at them. Really embarrassing.

Thankfully the big leg bruise had cleared by the time I went to the clinic this week .... I hate to think what she would have done if she had seen it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/20/07  12:40pm
" I am down to 7mg of Coumadin for the next 6 days, apparently my levels is over 3 right now.. so.. we need to modify the dose.
Oh Oh OH........I got to wear the granny stockings all the time.. well all day from now on...grrrrrrrrr and the doc wants me to wear full stockings...up to the hip......grrrrrrrrr...I am going to think about that one. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/23/07  12:21pm
" I have so many bruises, I look like I've been to battle - I'm a little clumsy. I also had little knots after my Lovenox injections, I think it's normal. I'm on 12mg of Coumadin. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/19/07  10:08pm
" yes, my son bruises easily, looks like he was beaten on his abdomen where he took lovenox shots
he is 20 & now waiting on results for Factor V thing "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web