Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Papaya Enzyme and Aloe Vera juice???
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have a friend that is very much into holistic/natural remedies. She takes and has recommend to me to take papaya enzyme and Aloe Vera juice after each big meal of the day. I dion't eat a whole lot any more but am trying to get one meal with protien and fiber in and thought I would try it.
Has anyone used this before and if so, have you seen a difference?
Posted on 09/16/07, 05:18 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/18/07  12:21am
" I don't know about the papaya enzyme, but I have tried aloe vera juice twice and it seems to make me worse.....Not sure if it's that or something else though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/18/07  4:10pm
" Thanks; Kpatience ~ I did quite a bit of research within the last few days. Both aloe vera juice and papaya enzyme are known to aid in digestion and help with IBS/Crohns also to help with irregularity.

I've been on them both for about 5 days now and have seen an amazing difference. much less bloating and easier bm's. It so far has been better than any prescription med I have taken.

As with anything, the effect is different on each person. but in doing my research I was suprised that more people do not use either one of these supplements.

It seems that in the holistic/alternative health community it is well known. But to the rest of us it's a nutritional secret. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/18/07  10:53pm
" As long as you don't have allergies to certain plants didn't agree with me, the aloe at least. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/19/07  12:58pm
" My SIL uses both of these supplements for here diverticulosous (sp?). I on the other hand have not tried them for my crohns. Maybe I should now that I have read this and talked to my SIL and saw for myself how much better she felt ! Hmmmm.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/19/07  5:17pm
" aloe vera juice had amazing effects with me to. i take the gel now which seems to be even more potent.. the stuff is great and i urge any one with crohn's to give it a try! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/19/07  9:00pm
" How long is Aloe Vera juice good for? we bougt some in May/June and I am not sure if it is still goood. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/19/07  9:04pm
" I know it needs to be refrigerated first off. Most bottles have an expiration date on them somewhere as it is perishable.
I had a bottle for a whole and just started taking it again, I checked the date and it was like January of next year.
hope that helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/20/07  5:31pm
" Did you mean a whole year? Opened a whole year? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/20/07  8:19pm
" No, I meant to say the whole summer~sorry! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web