Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Digestacure
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been taking this product that I found on the internet: Digestacure. I have now gotten through two bottles of the stuff and I'm really not seeing a big change in my Ulcerative Colitis condition. The stuff is super expensive and I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this. I truly want to believe in it and would pay almost anything to be freed from the horrors of this illness. The people there assure me that it is going to work, but when? I am at my wit's end as most of us are. It has been 3+ years dealing with this nonsense and I am pleading with the powers above to put me into remission. Any commentary on this would be greatly appreciated. By the way, they have me taking a great deal of immodium to try and keep this supplement in my body. I'm scared...is this ok?
Posted on 07/21/09, 11:13 am
34 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/21/09  11:50am
" Having looked at that site it reeks of snake oil... Please think carefully before you give these people another penny, there is no cure for colitis. Normally I would say if it works for you, go for it... But it doesn't seem to be working for you.

Also, does your doctor know you're taking imodium? Some people are ok to take it but it can be dangerous for IBD patients as you know. I have a feeling the digestacure people are hoping your symptoms calm down while you take imodium, and they will then take the credit for it in the hope you'll buy more. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/21/09  12:41pm
" mathjedi, how long have you been taking this Digestacure? If it hasn't been working to ease your pain after a reasonable amount of time, I think that you should take SneakersO's advice.

I know your suffering, but sometimes you have to just keep testing with different medication. You just never know when you find the right meds for you. And when you do find the right kind, which I'm positive you will, your pain will ease and you'll be back living the life you want.

I'm praying for you, best wishes. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/21/09  1:33pm
" Thanks so much to both of you for your replies. I'm sure you understand how much we are all grasping for something that will work. I just want to believe in something. I have to have Hope. Right now, I feel so helpless and frustrated. Again, I know that I am preaching to the choir, so I apologize. I will finish up the last bottle of this stuff that I have and then, if still no improvement, drop it. Thanks again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/21/09  6:57pm
" what are the ingrediants?? is it possible to get supplements that would equal what it is giving you but cheaper?? i know you are wanting a miracle but there isnt one and i have to agree you are probably being ripped off.. but theres lots of diet techniques you can try and probiotics and supplements.. if this doesnt work try something else..thats all we can do until something works "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/05/10  9:53pm
" Scam, stay away...my mother bought me a bottle of digestacure as I am suffering from colitis. I saw no improvement, I even felt worse during the period as I was taking it. I did some research regarding their claims on their website. Dr. formulaled the product is backed up by dr. Ronald P. Drucker as a matter of fact it's chariopractor !!!!drrondrucker.com
12 years of research, the company wasn't there 12 years ago. Picture of the laboratory bottom of the website it's a photo stock, you will find that picture over the net. Video testimonials are scriped you can see the girl in the first video keep looking down on the right hanside reading the text. Please use common sense:
People are walking away from INCURABLE disease!!!!!
If that product would cure diseases we would have heard on medical news, TV, or medical websites...the only place we find digestacure is under advertisement, ads by.. or sponsor links. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/27/10  5:40pm
" mathjedi, I had colitus for 5 years,I was taking 6 pills aday of asacol at $240.00 month. My colitus got really bad to tha point where my only alternative was surgery. being desperate I too checked on digestaqure and started taking it after recieveing the instructions from the digestiqure reps. I started taking it in June of 2009 and by the last week of october I my colitus was completly gone.I've been taking only 1 casule a day now since than and have had no side effects what so ever and no signs of that terrible disease. The Digestiqure works. If you need any more info please call me,Ron Mahaffey, at 580-927-2123. IT REALLY WORKS! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/28/10  7:17am
" Personally I wouldn't use it just because you don't know what's in it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/01/10  6:37pm
" I've had uc since 7/09 scared to leave my house because of the
sudden urges I had, lost 27 lbs in five weeks, the worst illness
I've ever had and I had breast cancer. Cramps, bloating, bleeding
scared to eat would be in the bathroom again. Was taking Asacol
6 pills a day. Even taking the Asacol the inflamation would come back.
Found out about Digestacure on the internet. Actually I thought it
wouldn't work it was the best decision I ever made. It took about three
months for me to get rid of the uc in its entirety. I have no inflamation
I can eat anything. I won't stop taking them. I feel great. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/02/10  6:19pm
" It works stay with it. It took me about three months, try and stick
to the diet they sent you, definitely eat slowly which was one
of my problems. I know it is expensive but in time you won't
be taking that many pills. I'm down to two a day, it beats taking
medications. Good Luck "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/14/10  10:11am
" Snake Oil or not it helped me! Asacol made me worse, prednisone and pentasa sometimes worked but did a job on my bones and general health. I was looking for an alternative when I came across the Digesta-Cure. Decided to try it and haven't regreted one single cent! I had actually forgotten how it was to have (excuse the grossness) hard stools. After battling colitis for 15 years I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is not wondering if I could go somewhere for any length of time! Never leave home without my "magic pills" as I call them. There is also another pill similar to this but has worked better for some. Can't remember the name right now but it was on the same site I found the Digesta Cure. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web