Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
IMPORTANT MUST READ. Look what I found. :]
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
So I went the market this past week and saw a sign chai Seeds rich in omegas and antioxidant values blabla. sO I bought some.
After sitting in my cupboard for a week, I researched the strange looking seed,
and look how important his seed is to our health!

It should be renamed the IBD miracle.
Im going to start consuming this seed for the next week or two and post my resaults! please feel free to research this and post any comments?

Its called Chai Seeds.
And they are cheap! :]
http://www.living-foods.com/article...

and
http://herbarinc.com/Eng/main/een_p...

and the article itself:

Chia Seed—A Superior Energy Source that Withstands
the Test of Time

Chia seed is a miraculous energy source from the earth. For centuries, Native Americans used chia seed as a natural source of energy. Scientific analyses show that chia seed contains 18 types of amino acids and 6 types of antioxidants.

Chia seeds are also rich in vitamins (A, B, D, E, and especially vitamin B Complex), and contain 10 kinds of minerals and microelements—chia seed is rich in iron and contains five times more calcium than a single serving of milk. It is a good source unsaturated fatty acids—its Omega 3 and Omega 6 levels are 3-6 times that of other fruits and vegetables—and is rich in cellulose.

If a teaspoon of chia seeds is soaked in the water, water absorption will cause the chia seeds to expand 9 to 12 times

Once ingested, the unique surface of the chia seed prevents it from being dissolved by gastric acid until it reaches the small intestine. Upon reaching the small intestine, chia seed releases its nutrient content, which is smoothly absorbed by the body. This property makes chia seed famous as “the miraculous energy supply stunner.” Because of its timely nutrient release, chia seed does not interfere with insulin levels, and thus contains no carbohydrate value. This makes chia seed particularly effective for diabetics. Chia seed’s high levels of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids make it particularly beneficial to pregnant women and women who are menstruating or suffer from pre-menstrual syndrome.

Chia seed can also be used as a diet aid as it tends to make the stomach feel full. Furthermore, chia seed has been shown to have impressive preventative and curative abilities when used to treat cardiovascular diseases, eye diseases, weariness, digestion indisposed, body odor, prostatitis, constipation, and osteoporosis, etc.

In the United States, two thirds of all deaths are caused by cardiovascular diseases each year, and about 1,400 people die of cancer every day. Medical science researchers have stressed that a healthy diet and good nutrition can reduce the chance of having cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer by as much as 97%. Although chia seed is not the “elixir of life,” it is indeed an extremely beneficial addition to any diet. Its effectiveness truly stuns all those who use it.

Chia seed drinks can be prepared simply by adding water, fruit juice, or stock broths, etc. Not only will it increase the nutrients of whatever food it’s prepared in, its absorbency makes the natural flavor of the broths or soups even richer. However, chia seed should not to be soaked in distilled alcohol or liquor. It can, however, be used in harmony and blended with other herbs such as American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius), and Siberian Ginseng (Acanthopanax senticosus).
Posted on 09/29/08, 05:43 am
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/29/08  6:39am
" It sounds wonderful, only thing is a person like me needs to gain weight and do you think that it making you feel full will cause weight loss? I am malnurished and "HAVE" to gain weight. Thanks and I will check it out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/29/08  7:35am
" Very interesting!

Please keep us posted on how it works for you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/29/08  1:07pm
" Actually I started takig the seeds just put it in some water and it actually turns into a jelly, indians use to use the gel to treat battle wounds and even put in your eyes and the gel will clean your eye balls!
How neat is ithat?
So as I said, I started taking it in water, and I dont recognize that full feeling it speaks of, Im guessing its not lie that for everyone us I was still hungry.
You should really look into it, and to my understanding it will only nurish you, thats why Im taking it, rich in amino acids and omegas, it states the seeds are very very rich in calcium 9 times more then a cup of milk? and Iron etc. etc. etc.
really look into em. =] "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/30/08  11:26am
" I am really interested in your alternative herbs, and food ideas. Please keep me posted!

Right now I am wondering how does it taste? Could you blend it up in a shake... the jelly description might make my boy gag!

Last night I read something about spirulina. It is supposed to be an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, also iron... etc. It is supposed to be good for iron deficient anemian and an immune system booster. Have you heard of this? Has anyone out there tried it for crohn's related symptoms? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/30/08  11:32am
" I can't wait to hear!! This sounds amazing! I also would like to know about taste and if it can be mixed up in something. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/30/08  11:58am
" Sounds very interesting. I would like to have some information about your condition. Crohn's or Colitis? What are your current symptoms? Have you had bowel resection surgery etc? Also, how much of the seed do you mix with water? How does it taste? In the article it states that it increases in size 9 - 12 times when mixed with water so I'm thinking it must be pretty thick. Please keep us posted. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/18/08  4:12am
" I would recommend everyone to try Chia as it is an unbelievably powerful and safe raw whole food that can help with so many conditions. However, be advised that not all Chia is the same. Dr Wayne Coates re-invented Chia. He then worked for several years to perfect Chia and grow the best Chia available. This Chia is sold as Mila, The Miracle Seed.

The Miracle Seed has the highest and safest concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids, Antioxidants, Fiber and Phytonutrients of any source on the planet. It is non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) and pesticide-free!

The Miracle Seed is gluten-free, trans-fat free, sugar-free, high in fiber and protein, has no taste or smell and can be deliciously combined with many foods! Its supreme biological properties are not diminished by heat in the cooking process, therefore making it easy to incorporate into your favorite recipes.

Mila™ is a mixture of Salvia hispanica L. seed which has been carefully selected to maximize its nutritional value. The mixture is mechanically processed using a proprietary system that optimizes the bioavailability and increases its nutritional value. Nothing is added to the product – it is a pure form of Salvia hispanica L. and is simply the best available today.

Mila is available at http://mykindofgrain.com

I am very interested in hearing of your successes with this product. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/18/08  11:00am
" dieingfromUC,
This sounds flippin amazing. I am definitely going to research it.

Davismom,
When ever something says that it boosts the immune system I get a little nervous, because my immune system is already overactive which causes my problems. I have asked my doctor about things that say they boost your immune system and she agrees to be careful. She said that we are trying to slow down your immune system not aggravate it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/10/09  2:55am
" Re-opening the thread.

So anyone have any success or further readings on this seed?

I actually been thru so much since I posted this and today at the market I saw them again so I had to get some! Im gonna start taking them again first thing in the morning,

And to answer the few questions, it doesnt have a taste.
And if I was to compare it to flaxseeds after you soak them over night, it isnt as disgusting at soaked flaxseed gel. Or aloe vera!

Goes down way easy...

Otherwise, right now Im poking my head into the journey of proper food combining, eating as LITTLE as possible, but still maintaining calories and health.

I think everyone should google proper food combining and digestion.. its really amazing how far we have drifted apart from how we are suppose to eat...

goodnight friends lets talk tommarow! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/10/09  11:14am
" It's the same plant that grows on Chia pets! LOL "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web