Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
alkaline vs. acidic
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I'm sure it is easy to get excited when flare turns into remission. We have waited so long. We tried the steroids. Nothing. We tried the 6mp. Nothing. Life continued to be difficult with pain, fatigue, etc......

Two people then approached us with the suggestion of getting her system more alkaline ph balance. We now get water that is ionized and within a week she has been in remission. Life is getting back to normal.

Has anyone else tried this?
Posted on 03/21/11, 11:55 am
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/21/11  3:03pm
" Doesn't everything become acidic when it hits your stomach? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/21/11  6:58pm
" i'd like to hear more about it...i've never heard this before, but it sounds interesting! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/21/11  11:00pm
" There are foods that are more base or alkaline than others. Things that are processed are acid creating, which is the perfect thing for disease to thrive in the body. Eating your veggies and real, unprocessed foods are the way to go to keep your body in a state of lower acidity, hence, less chance of diseases.

If you want to know more about more alkaline foods to eat, just google it.

Best wishes for your health,

L "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/21/11  11:43pm
" Caveat emptor. . . Hate to be a negative nancy and I'd like to believe your intentions are true, but after reading this post and the one about your story immediately raised a red flag with me. The way this was posted sounds like spam and simple self promotion.

Just sharing my concern. . . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/22/11  1:00am
" Hey, there are plenty of people out there who prey on those who are desperate and in need. That is why I posted that I hoped your intentions were true. I don't know you from Eve and when I felt like I smelled spam, I had to say something.

I immediately identified with your story because I am in that exact same spot right now and I'm trying to climb my way out. Of course I'd want something that would send me into remission quickly without the use of meds (because I believe in practicing holistic methods) but it was how the messages were posted that simply raised a red flag for me. (BTW, self promotion = your website.)

You're intentions are true, then I have no more to say. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/22/11  1:30am
" The Kangen water is also how we did it. She started at 7.4 ph and then moved up to 8.2 and we will get to 10.0 ph. It doesn't have to be the Kangen system. It is just that this system was the first one out there. It can't hurt to look into it further. MindyWelch has experience the same relief that we have.

KewIB, yes there is acid in your stomach, however I am talking about our ph balance. Disease thrives in an acidic environment. Alkaline promotes healing. My daughter is off the couch and back to school. We have laughter in our home again. I know it is not a cure, but based on what she has gone through for the last 8 months I still think it is a bit of a miracle. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/22/11  1:39am
" one more thing. Water ionizers start at about $500. You don't have to spend a lot. I met someone the other day that had a portable one that was under $100. I am not selling anything. But, I am looking to buy one.

Then, I will hope that this continues to help....... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/22/11  7:31am
" I have heard before about an alkaline pH being preferred. In fact, when I was going to alternative med docs several years ago, they put me on "tri-salts" for this very reason. It did not help, but perhaps I did not give it enough time...I will pretty much try anything new... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/22/11  8:22am
" When you are talking about body PH are you referring to blood PH?
Because different parts of your body have different PH levels. Blood is slightly alkaline at 7.4 and is highly regulated by the lungs and kidneys. Drinking alkaline water is very unlikely to change your blood PH. As we age, our blood PH naturally PH.
When you get a bladder infection, it's recommended to drink highly acidic cranberry juice to fight off the infection. Changing the PH of your gut and waste stream is one thing and has nothi9ng to do with with your blood PH. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/22/11  8:25am
" As we age, our blood PH naturally becomes slightly acidic. Back in the 1970's, some guy made the observation that people with cancer had slightly acidic blood. So OF COURSE, if you make the blood more alkaline, you fight cancer,disease, etc. This is crappy science and has been disproved time and time again. Alkaline water is crappy science too. Just Google "alkaline water myths." "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web