Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
MoviPrep Advice
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and to Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis.

I had a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago and I had a very hard time getting down the MoviPrep. I only drank about 70% of it. My GI wasn't only able to see 1/4 of my colon and wants to repeat. He is making me drink the MoviPrep again because he said that the pills can cause kidney damage and they are not as effective. He gave me some Regalan because last time I starting throwing up half way through the second liter.

Anyone have any tips to help me get it down? I need to drink all of it this time or my GI will not perform the colonoscopy and I need it to figure out a treatment plan for me!!
Posted on 04/21/09, 06:57 pm
5 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/21/09  8:34pm
" There are numerous preps out there that are highly effective insist on a different one. I would suggest some of the go-lightly products. I have had well over 60 scopes done and extreme suffering through the prep process is not required. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/21/09  10:10pm
" I have trouble tolerating the preps but i did the moviprep with reglan and was ok. i sipped slowly and drank a little of other liquids with it to help the after taste. i wasn't able to do it every 15 mins but came as close as i could. It was better for me that the go lightly because it is less volume. Good Luck!! Mind over matter. Just go to your happy place!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/23/09  1:18pm
" Thanks for the tips. I am going to try and drink all of it this time. I know I have to, it's really important to determine the right kind of treatment. I will just have to suck it up and DO IT! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/25/09  10:41pm
" Add lemon flavored Crystal Light. It's still awful but it does help. Good luck!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/08/09  11:04am
" I used to use the Co-Lyte---we all it Go All Night around here---and hated it. Gagged, couldn't get it all down, etc. I told my GI & he now has me use Fleet Phospho Soda. You take it twice, once the night before around 6 pm, and again first thing in the am.

The trick is to start the fast earlier than the box says. I start a day earlier than directions say to---clear liquids, jello etc. You can also have all the hard candy you want, as long as it is not red or purple, and also you can eat those jelly candies, the kind that comes as spearmint leaves or looking like fruit slices. They are just very stiff Jello. No red ones. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web