Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Double Valve Replacement
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I had double valve replacement surgery Sept 07 so am still in the long run recovery. Am so much better than ever expected and getting better all the time. I just feel alone about all this and have no contact with anyone of any age who has had the same. The Aortia valve did not immediately require replacement but I was assurred would do so in a year or so and advised to have it done at the same time as Mitral to save me the trauma of repeated surgery. Has anyone , anyone had the same. Still get hit in the face sometimes by the enormity of it all and the alternative but am doing ok.
Posted on 01/25/08, 02:57 pm
1 Reply Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Coronary Heart Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/10/12  7:35pm
" I had a double valve replacement 15 years ago, plus Maze for chronic afib. My valves are mechanical, so I am on coumadin for life. This surgery was a big deal, but it also gave me my life back. Your post was 4 years ago. If you are still with DS, hope you are doing well. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web