Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Pain in right upper abdomen
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I had been having this nagging dull pain in my right upper abdomen right under my ribs. I have been a nervous wreck about it, thinking I had a recurrence in my liver or something. I mentioned this to my surgeon on a regular visit a few weeks ago and he said it was nothing, I had liver enzymes done feb 16th and they were normal. Well on Sunday the pains got sharp and I was really upset. I called my oncologist on Monday morning and blood work was repeated Liver enzymes normal and xrays all normal, Thank God. When am I going to stop being so paranoid about every ache and pain. I probably pulled a muscle or something, I have been doing some painting in my house and did move some furniture a few weeks ago. Oh well I guess I can stop worrying, just for now though. Pet/CT scan on May 9th, hopefully all is well there too.
Posted on 04/03/12, 04:31 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Colon Cancer. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/03/12  5:37pm
" Hmmm...gallbladder maybe??? Anyone ordered an ultrasound yet?? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/03/12  7:18pm
" I was thinking about that, flutterbies, I just finished painting and I did notice today that the stretching I am doing is aggravating it, so I am taking a break now cause I am finally done with my project and see if it gets better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/03/12  7:43pm
" It's normal to get paranoid about every ache and pain - I doubt that will ever go away. I've been in this "cancer stuff" for over 4 years now and I still worry when something feels odd. But the good news is that you had it checked out and that the results were good. I am THRILLED for you! Congrats!!! Live on my friend. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/04/12  9:49am
" Probably and hopefully just a pulled muscle, they take time to heal. I was having the same sx and paranoid about the same thing as you with the liver thing for a couple of days this week! I thought "what a coinsidence" when I read your post. but In my case i think and hope its just from the chemo. (My 4th chemo this Friday). Glad your tests are normal. Hope you feel better soon! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/05/12  2:59am
" Doctor to G8 "G8 you hit your thumb with the hammer that is why it is sore, not because the cancer has spread"

JC I do not think I will ever stop worrying about it returning though for me it does lessen and stops being all consuming. Though I think the doc is happy because now I get heaps of stuff checked that pre cancer would have been "she'll be apples" and not see the doc.

As for the pains in the gut I too get a pain in the upper right of my gut just under the rib cage can be quite sore like a cramp. I have put this down to the stoma reminding me it was there and occurs when I pig out on blue vein cheese and I mean pig out YUM YUM

G8 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/05/12  3:17pm
" Just got over the same kind of pain and the same kind of paranoia. I had just had an oncology f/u and CT scan so I knew I was ok logically but not post traumatic stress wise. I think it was gall bladder for me. It's gone now but I'll mention it to the MD when I go again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/06/12  1:14am
" Thanks everyone, I was even afraid to even mention it on here that someone would say. " Oh yeah thats how I knew I had liver mets" I still have my scan to do Kate so I can get that extra piece of relief, but I have been trying to take it easy the past couple of days and it does feel better, so makes me even think more that it was just a pulled muscle. G8, love your story of the hammer thing! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/06/12  4:08pm
" I am so glad I read these posts. I have also been having pain in the same area and, like you people, have a tendency to get paranoid over the slightest twinge.

Gr8ful, my stoma was on the left side and I also get 'niggles' in that area so I am relieved to know that it seems to be normal.

I have this awful fear of developing cancer in my liver as most of the colon cancer patients I met during chemo had developed it in the liver too.

SO glad we can share here! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/10/12  12:49pm
" Too strange --- I have been having pain on the upper left side under my ribs. My personal hypochondria has it down to either: a) pancreatic problems, or b) heart disease. I think it is just excess stomach acid and/or heartburn, but I am right with you guys in thinking of all the possibilities. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/17/12  7:33pm
" My paranoia is my heart. Every little indigestion or out of breathe after running up the steps, I'm sure the Oxiplatin ruined my heart.. Then I go on a twelve mile bike ride and feel fine and know I'm worrying too much. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web