Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Cimetidine - Tagamet Research
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
http://cancerx.wordpress.com/2008/1...

Have we discussed this research?
Tagamet with 5FU?

Check out the research... and let me know what y all find.

So... that would be
Tagamet
Aspirin
Peptin
Tumeric

Hmmmm....

MPNC
Posted on 07/12/10, 02:36 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Colon Cancer. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/12/10  11:30am
" Wow, that is very exciting. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/12/10  11:56am
" Where was this news hiding? I m going to get some Tagemet this morning... little late to help out the 5 FU but, who knows...
: )

How Are YOU notagaintoo!!!!!? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/12/10  2:26pm
" I'm doing great, MPNC. Hey, just one thing to keep in mind is that 5-FU is thought not to be effective for people with Lynch Syndrome. That doesn't mean the Tagamet doesn't work though! And here's another bit of info - something I sort of knew but sort of just clicked now - they've been using cimetidine for years for melanoma in horses! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/12/10  3:33pm
" okay playing devils advocate for a minute, if even limited evidence suggests benefits why aren't oncologists and pcp's recommending people to take it?

I looked into taking Celebrex ( a cleaner form of Aspirin) since I can't take aspirin due to taking warfarin, and there is a little known trial (can't remember the name :-( ) that showed taking Celebrex caused more heart problems and the risks outweighed the benefits.

Don't get me wrong I will be asking my oncologist next time I see him about this. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/12/10  3:52pm
" I sent the link to my Onc..he sometimes is in the mood to respond and sometimes, is too busy... I ll let you know if I find out anything more.
: )

I am def. aware of the dangers of anecdotal theory...but also aware that unless it is a big trial and big profits, it may get pushed under the rug by the big Pharms... so looking at things that seem to make sense.

I ll be curious as to what my Onc reports back.

MPNC "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/13/10  2:03pm
" Guys it sounds wonderful and I would like to read all these papers. I am having only one problem - the journals are not that great. Except british journal of cancer (this one is respectable). if the research is tthat great why would you publish it in so-so journal? One of the best journals in cancer research is Cancer Research journal.
Pretty thank you for posting this information, i am gonna try to find the original papers. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/14/10  11:11am
" Any of you guys pick up the book 'Knockout' by Suzanne Sommers.
I m not into her approach. ( I don't like when people slam AMA , my docs are there every single day in the battle field and I know their heart is in the right place! )

Some of the interviews make it worth the read: Cancer Stem Cell research, Some herbs like Tumeric and COX 2 inhibitors... I dunno... I keep looking to see what is being studied. : ) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/14/10  7:22pm
" Mark & Russian - I see you point. There's a lot of pseudo-science out there. OTOH, I can't help but keep thinking that I've seen how cimetidine suppresses tumors in horses, and I also know that chemo works similarly on humans and animals, e.g. they use 5-FU & Cisplatin on horses, Carboplatin on cats & dogs, etc. I am wondering (don't know the answer) - was Dr, Sugarbaker "mainstream" when he pioneered the technique that's now saying lives worldwide? How about Dr. Lynch when he discovered HNPCC/Lynch Syndrome? It seems like some of the biggest breakthroughs are coming of little places and not top cancer centers. I like to think outside the box :-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/16/10  9:22pm
" http://www.divainternational.ch/spip.php?article308

Starting to look around the world for affordable scans... ran into a woman at the bank today that just got back from Taiwan... she told me the amazing savings on going over there for scans and glasses etc... she is sending me the contact info on the hospital and travel arrangements. : ) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/22/10  9:43am
" Guys I am not saying the research is not good ( I've ordered couple of articles and am going to have my own opinion when I read them). I am saying that these are the journals with easy rules for publishing. Again I still need to read them.
Sometimes nobody is interested in publishing a paper about something that is not expensive (no interest for pharma companies). And only enthusiasts keep pushing something that really works.
Pretty thank you for doing your own research and sharing it with us. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web